Page 314 of 346 FirstFirst ... 294304306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322324334 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

Hello fellow mare leg enthusiasts. So I just ordered the .357 ranch hand from wanstalls today. I've been reading of ppl having trouble cycling the .357 cartridges how common is this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppe101 View Post
    Hello fellow mare leg enthusiasts. So I just ordered the .357 ranch hand from wanstalls today. I've been reading of ppl having trouble cycling the .357 cartridges how common is this?
    Hard to say as the only people posting about it are usually the ones with issues... By the sounds if it and watching some YouTube videos... It's usually fixed with a bit of filling where the shells are hanging up.
    I've had a chan e to try 3 different .357 rossis and they all functioned smoothly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Just get the dvd from Steve's gunz it will walk you throw slicking up your rossi its not that hard I was half blind wen I did mine

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    Just get the dvd from Steve's gunz it will walk you throw slicking up your rossi its not that hard I was half blind wen I did mine
    Thanks guys!! Ill use both your suggestions. cant wait till it comes in, canada post says tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Thanks guys!! Ill use both your suggestions. cant wait till it comes in, canada post says tomorrow.
    my rossi RH is 44mag I follow the video now its smooth as silk now and the trigger is 100% better and the 44Special and 44 mag feed flawless.

Red Deer gun show $470

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I'm not sure which ones you are referring to because the ones I have were not made for Brazilian guns specifically..... I beleive the ones I have were made for winchester 94's but obviously they can be made to work on the rossi's 92's as well.

As for the front sight height, I'm just going from what I see placing the sight on the gun and then looking down the sight line in comparison with the stock iron sights.

It's like the issue with the ranch hand to begin with..... rossi uses the same sights as there longer barreled 92's and they end up shooting to high.
    The XS sights are also designed for longer barrels so logic suggests they will also shoot high and that's what my eyeball says when I mock up the rear XS and compare it to my existing sights. It sort of stopped me from drilling and tapping till I figure out a front sight base.
    Who sells this set up?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    My local CT has the 45lc on for $499
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Thumbs up

I just finished my latest upgrade to my Rossi RH .45 Colt. Finally got around to fitting an XS rear sight to the wee thumper,but I'm happy with the results. Now I have a proper sight radius for the short bugger & a faster target acquisition and very clear sight picture for my eyes. A little fartin' around and tinkerin' has got me to a decent solution to sight selection for a carbine stocked Ranch Hand. I have the XS front sight in case the Marbles .570" height one prints low, but this set-up is far better for adjustability than the other options out there & I've tried them all, except for a tang sight...but that would be dumb.

Attachment 11789
    Attachment 11790
    I whittled the original safety lever down to a near-flush button to allow clearance fit for the XS rear sight.
    Attachment 11791
    I then cut down & contoured the factory Rossi rear sight to make a sight blank for the barrel slot.
    Attachment 11792
    A drilling job on the milling machine, followed by hand tapping had the rear sight mounted.
    Attachment 11793

Next up will be my .357 RH carbine. For me, XS is the way to fly.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

My .357 RH that I fitted out today with XS sights.
    These are beauty sights and perfect for my eyes. Next range day will be fun.
    Attachment 11819
    Attachment 11820
    Attachment 11821
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.