Page 320 of 346 FirstFirst ... 300310312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328330340 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

Quote Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
    Came in the mail today. Gonna put 'er on next week and zero it with a Bushnell TRS-25 on. I'll post review and pics when I get the chance.

Mine's a Ranch Hand in 45 Colt with an extended butt, so I at least wouldn't have to worry too much about aiming off for different calibres (38/357, etc.), just the different loadings. Wish me luck!
    I'm not that handy but managed to get it on as per the instructions at: http://www.mod94scoperail.com/. Seems solid:

There's a backup rear sight and groove built into the rail which lines up with the tall front sight I had on previously, but the bushnell obscures the sight picture. No see-through. Oh well, cant have it all unless I raise the red dot, but I'd rather have a lower profile. I still have to confirm the zero then zero the red dot. More to follow whenever I get to the range.
    Last edited by verisimilitude; 08-27-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: uploading pics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Just recieved a 45 Colt Ranch Hand

This is the front sight. Don't know if this is the same for everyone or not?

Anyway, I walked outside to my range, took 35 paces from the targets and let er rip at the 10" x10" gong. I first used some Trailboss loads with cast bullets (light loads) and they hit the target. Loaded with 300gr XTP that I use in my 45 Colt Mdl94 Trapper @ 1600fps, and they all smacked the gong.

I'm putting the little bead into the very lowest little notch of the buckhorn sights. It's not shooting too high at all, although I loathe that type of sight as it's so slow.

I found all loads quite comfortable to shoot. The XTP loads can be a handful in a revolver, but I felt they were no problem in the Ranch Hand.

The sighting system is far to slow for me to even think about it as a defensive tool- at least at this point.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

thanks verisimilitude. was looking for that.

mine so far

Attachment 14855Attachment 14855
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Just recieved a 45 Colt Ranch Hand

I'm putting the little bead into the very lowest little notch of the buckhorn sights. It's not shooting too high at all, although I loathe that type of sight as it's so slow.

I found all loads quite comfortable to shoot. The XTP loads can be a handful in a revolver, but I felt they were no problem in the Ranch Hand.

The sighting system is far to slow for me to even think about it as a defensive tool- at least at this point.
    This is the reason I installed XS rear sights on my RH carbines. For front sights I use Marbles with 1/16" bead.
    The .190" aperture works fine for me, and a .230" one is included in the set. The ghost ring effect of this set-up is quick to get onto and much more precise than the factory irons. You also gain 5.25" of sight radius by mounting the XS peep....13" verses 8". That's a needed improvement to get decent accuracy for folks that don't wish to mount an optic.

Attachment 14865
    Last edited by SHELL SHUCKER; 08-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    thanks verisimilitude. was looking for that.

mine so far

nice looking Rossi

wow is that a 1st generation BB.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Gatehouse that sight is twice as tall as the stock one I have. They must of addressed the issue

I've been tempted for a long while now, something to pack. Would the 9's still be NR? I suppose with the right OAL. What do owners think of these, they look like a blast.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotrek View Post
    Gatehouse that sight is twice as tall as the stock one I have. They must of addressed the issue
    The one that just came on my new .357 is also this tall sight. Will try this weekend to see if it shoots to poi before swapping it out.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
    I'm not that handy but managed to get it on as per the instructions at: http://www.mod94scoperail.com/. Seems solid:

There's a backup rear sight and groove built into the rail which lines up with the tall front sight I had on previously, but the bushnell obscures the sight picture. No see-through. Oh well, cant have it all unless I raise the red dot, but I'd rather have a lower profile. I still have to confirm the zero then zero the red dot. More to follow whenever I get to the range.
    Made it to an indoor range today.

The built in rear sight (White diamond in centre pic) shoots low with my tall front sight, so I'll have to put the shorter original sight to make it work better.

The mount itself is solid, having endured 70 rounds of 45 Colt, from light cowboy action loads to Hornady Leverevolution and Critical Defense stuff. I didn't notice any play in the groups that indicated any movement of the mount nor Red Dot.

The Ranch Hand is no tack-driver, as most of ya'll already know, but can be accurate enough for tree-bashing or desperate social stuff, especially when she finds her perfect load (which in my unfortunate case is Hornady's expensive Leverevolution ammo).

Mated to a Bushnell TRS-25 and a regular '92 stock makes the Rossi an awesome non-restricted carbine, and the mount just gave me another reason to play with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELL SHUCKER View Post
    Attachment 14855Attachment 14855

This is the reason I installed XS rear sights on my RH carbines. For front sights I use Marbles with 1/16" bead.
    The .190" aperture works fine for me, and a .230" one is included in the set. The ghost ring effect of this set-up is quick to get onto and much more precise than the factory irons. You also gain 5.25" of sight radius by mounting the XS peep....13" verses 8". That's a needed improvement to get decent accuracy for folks that don't wish to mount an optic.

Attachment 14865
    Where did you get the peep sight from?
    which model is it?
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum