Page 331 of 346 FirstFirst ... 311321323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

I've got a idea for a stock extension. Basically I'm looking to design a magnetic stock extension that's 3d printed and has some built in storage. Storage will just for a few rounds and maybe some basic gear.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Also I'd like to find someone with a full sized 92 stock that could take some picture of it for me for getting it into the 3d software.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If it helps (but it won't) I still have one full 92 stock (80% inletted) but it is a deluxe stock (pistol grip) and would require a curved lower tang to use (which I also have)

BANNED
    I could be tempted with the 3d magnetic stock. That is actually a very good idea.

You want to sell the stock..

Well I don't have the stock to sell. I'm trying to work out exactly how to get it made.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make a right 3d image of the stocks. I figure if I can get a 3d image made of the standard ranch hand stock, and then model 92 that is most of the battle. You just then remove the standard stock area from the 92, flare the end of the remainder a little and it should fit perfect.

Never done anything like this before so it's a lot of reading right now.

I have an old ramline synthetic stock for my model 94 which i just tried to slip on my Rossi 92. Without forcing it or modding it you can get it about 85+% on the Rossi, within an inch of fitting...almost. With some shaving and trimming it just might be doable, but the tang screw hole placement is just a little too far forward when compared to the original Rossi stock. With a wood stock you could fill the hole then redrill in the correct spot but thats not so easy with synthetic. Its so darn close i'm surprised ramline hasn't made a stock for the 92 yet! I think the ramline fore-end is even closer to fitting. I loosened the forend band and slid the forend ahead so i could get a better comparison to the ramline forend, the wood and synthetic look to be very close.Unfortunately to completely remove the forend band and then the original forend i'd have to drift out the front sight to allow the removal of the forend band. I don't feel like messing with the front sight right now though.
    This is certainly food for thought though. My 92 is the stainless version, i would love to just mount the synthetic set on it if only it would fit. This makes me inclined to get a Ranch Hand now, i could swap the full stock of the 92 onto the ranch hand then take my sweet time and try and somehow fit the ramline stock on the stainless 92. I must check to see if you can still get the Ramline for the 94, i don't want to risk mucking it up if i can no longer get a replacement.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Still available? I'm looking for one in 44mag.
    CCFR/NFA

can somebody explain me why this gun is non-restricted.

It doesn't have 18,6" barrel

And its under the 26" OAL

BANNED
    I have the Chiappa takedown Mare's Leg in 44 Mag and a holster made by Couchise Leather I picked up stateside.
    I think they were just over $400.
    The holster was $75.
    Nice handy gun for bush carry in Canada and other jurisdictions where handguns aren't legal.
    The Rossi Ranch Hand should be equally as handy.

I'm looking for a small lever to replace my large loop with. Any body know where I can get one or trade for one. I also have an original Winchester 1892 lever to trade also. I was going to try and fit it to my rifle but.., thanks Kevin