Page 333 of 346 FirstFirst ... 313323325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341343 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

edit
    Last edited by pastway; 03-19-2016 at 10:12 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Anyone know if any dealers are stocking the Rossi in .357? & what they're going for now? Thnx

*Edit- found 3 sponsors listing them. $700 to $749 - prices have gone up. The place for $699.99 & $729.99 has available stock. Wanted a gauge, as much as I like mine, I may be selling it, as I want the .44 now, & can get a decent deal on one.
    The Canadian Tire store in Shaughnessey in Calgary has at least 8 of them, all calibres with the .357 & the .44 selling for $619 & the .45 Colt $20 more. They seem to be able to get stock
    quite easily for some reason, because I see them every time I'm in the store. They aren't old stock, either...this is Red-Neck Alberta, land of guns. The Ranch Hands sell quickly for truch guns,
    range toys etv,

A little question , have you ever seen a pump action 45lc rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by HONEY View Post
    A little question , have you ever seen a pump action 45lc rifle.
    Colt lightening and obviously the uberti repro of it
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    As enjoyable as the Ranch Hand is with the bobbed shoulder stock,I couldn't help thinking how much better it must be with a full length stock. I intend for it to be a pack/camp gun and my point shooting skills (or lack thereof) forced me to start looking for a full length stock.

Boyd's has them for $65. Even with shipping over $50., having used Boyd's stocks a couple of times before, I knew the value was there, so I sprang for one. It arrived a couple days ago, and although it would take some fike & sanding work to get a perfect fit, it's a nice looking stock. The color match is near perfect, and the fit is close enough to make me not want to invest the time & effort in perfecting it. Besides, it's going to get the bush & trunk treatment anyway so I'm not that concerned. It'll get swapped back & forth with the original to fit the purposes of the day.

I took my new "SBR" to the range...HUGE improvement! groups are less than half what they were with the shortened stock (I told you my point shooting sucked!). It's very quick to shoulder, easy to get a cheek weld, and the buckhorn sights are so fast to get on target. It really isn't that much longer either...about 7 in. so it's still a damn short rifle. I'm thinking I'd like to maybe remove the bronze bead on the front site and replace it with a piece of fibre optic to improve the acquisition of the bead. Has anyone done that, or those of you who've worked on the front sight, have you just replaced the whole thing instead?

I'm not sure if the rumor I've heard that Rossi has changed the rear buckeye are true, or I don't know what I'm doing or what I'm seeing, but my copy shoots with POI/POA pretty close to dead on at 100yds. I'm thinking that's shooting almost at the limits of effectiveness for this cartridge; I know I'm not going to be pushing many shots out at that range with iron sights anyway, so I'll adjust them to shooting dead on at 50 yards, hold over that if I need to, or ideally either get closer to my target or let my target get closer to me.

Overall, I'm thinking it's doubtful I'll be swapping stocks very often, if at all. The full stock makes it a legitimate bush gun as opposed to a range toy, and certainly the shortest rifle I've ever used for self protection/small game in the bush.

CGN Regular
    Does anyone have a Steve's Guns peep kicking around that they would sell? The one that replaces the bolt safety?
    I full-stocked my .45LC and it shoots great, but the factory sight is very limiting. I know I could get a Skinner, but I'd like to get as long of a sight radius as possible, and never use the bolt safety anyways.

Still gotta conture the but plate. Unscrews in 2 turns and made out of aluminum super light. Fugly yet functional

Hi ranch hand folks, I have been searching the web for a GS that has ranch hands in stock. Can't find a 44 mag. to save my soul. Is any one expecting a shipment? The distributers
    have been no help.
    Any news would be helpful. thanks, I live in B.C. so news for western Canada would be helpful.

Slickfork

CGN Ultra frequent flyer homeboy1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy70 View Post
    Looking for magnetic stock extension for Rossi Ranch Hand. Ive heard someone on this forum makes/sells them???
    Yes...this would be of interest to me as well.

CGN frequent flyer mozambique technique's Avatar
    Slickfork:
    I think these guys had a new one in stock recently.

http:// islandcollateral.com/firearms
    618 Johnson Street
    Victoria, BC V8W 1M4

Pawn Shop: 250.388.4031
    Jesus, Mohammed, save me from your followers!!