Page 310 of 346 FirstFirst ... 290300302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318320330 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhowlsatmoon View Post

heres my mares leg holster I got from Wanstalls last year, and the bear I took last spring, not a monster but 5'10 nose to tail and it didnt move more than 3 yards from where I shot it. I have a 44 from rossi and have not had a single problem with it besides the intitial POI/POA modifications, where I filed out my rear sight a bit and it shoots just dandy. the holster is like a dream come true, I have the 24 shell belt because why not. The holster has been on my leg for over 100 days in the bush in the past year and I have not had a single complaint about the holster, it works flawlessly, still looks brand new, and makes hunting hands free. i can carry it anywhere i want without even noticing its there and with practice I shoot clays at 50 yards shooting handgun style off a single shooting stick I rigged up. its a darn fine little gun and i hope to have it for a long time. oh yeah, it looks way better than bear spray sitting on your belt!
    Is that ever sweet you should post this in the hunting section
    Or maybe you better not everybody will want a Mares lag haahaa

BANNED
    I've got a Rossi Ranch Hand in 44 Mag and a holster I bought in the states very similar to the one in post #3091 above.
    The closest we'll ever get to carrying a handgun in Canada without an ATC (+ all the and restrictions that go with an ATC).
    Wonder how far down the Ranch Hands are on the mounties ban list?
    Surprised they haven't at least restricted them to date.

* I keep mine in my packsack til I get into the deep woods to avoid the dime droppers.
    Already have been ratted out once.
    OPP came and it was fall black bear hunting season (starts Aug 15 in my area) and I had a bb license and a non-restricted reg certificate for the gun issued under the LGR so no problem. Any other time of year I probably would have had a hassle but who knows.
    Last edited by Gunoholic; 03-08-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Hey guys,
    I got my Rossi RH yesterday in .44 mag and it refuses to eject the .44 mag Horandy 225 gr FTX lever-revolution brass I'm using. The extractor claw just shaves pieces of the brass off. Has any one else used this ammo in their Rossi and had success? Can anyone recommend a .44 caliber ammo that did work in their gun?
    Thank ya!
    -KIRBY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    This is the next rifle/gun I'm getting, still cant decide .357 or .44.? hmmmm...I always loved lever actions, but never have owned one..(yet)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby64 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I got my Rossi RH yesterday in .44 mag and it refuses to eject the .44 mag Horandy 225 gr FTX lever-revolution brass I'm using. The extractor claw just shaves pieces of the brass off. Has any one else used this ammo in their Rossi and had success? Can anyone recommend a .44 caliber ammo that did work in their gun?
    Thank ya!
    -KIRBY
    Yeah mine hates just about everything gonna tune her up when i have the time... Mine feeds flawless with barnes but seeing they are so pricey im not so happy with that lol. Very happy with expansion test tho.
    30 litre bucket on its side still passed through but fell a short ways after

Quote Originally Posted by sk8erfinch View Post
    Yeah mine hates just about everything gonna tune her up when i have the time... Mine feeds flawless with barnes but seeing they are so pricey im not so happy with that lol. Very happy with expansion test tho.
    30 litre bucket on its side still passed through but fell a short ways after

Nice Photo! Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give that ammo a try. My gun won't eject at all. I mean nothing! The claw won't even pull the cartridge 3mm from the camber without popping off!

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post

Best thing about the different Mares Lag's is thy all fit in between the handlebars of my Rokon motorcycle haahaa

Whoops wrong rifle right motorcycle lol
    Ya got the best bike goin' for any terrain though!
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

Yeah that does not sound right at all definaey seems un related to ammo ... Most ammo issues will be with feeding angle not extraction

Also try putting a empty casing into the chamber pull it out with your nail is it stiff? If so probably ur chamber has a bur... If not with the bolt face back and exposed physically place the empty case into the bolt face underneath the extractor.. Does it move very easily??? If so then maybe the extractor is bent and u need a new one or try and bend it but seeing it is tempered probably no point. Sometimes the barrels are not indexed quite right and the extractor will get miss aligned

Quote Originally Posted by sk8erfinch View Post
    Also try putting a empty casing into the chamber pull it out with your nail is it stiff? If so probably ur chamber has a bur... If not with the bolt face back and exposed physically place the empty case into the bolt face underneath the extractor.. Does it move very easily??? If so then maybe the extractor is bent and u need a new one or try and bend it but seeing it is tempered probably no point. Sometimes the barrels are not indexed quite right and the extractor will get miss aligned
    Yeah it slides out easy and it moves very easily when places on the bolt face. Damn, all that waiting and it looks like it has to be sent back. Sk8erFinch... I knew that name looked familiar. I was watching your youtube videos on the Ranch Hand before I bought my Rossi!