Page 329 of 346 FirstFirst ... 309319321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

CGN Regular
    I had the same fitting issue with my Boyds stock. I drilled the hole out and press fit some 3/8" dowel rod with a little glue into it. After it dried I redrilled the hole and it fits nice and tight now.

Expried Business Member
    .357 versions back in stock : http://www.wanstallsonline.com/rossi-ranch-hand.html

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen84 View Post
    I had the same fitting issue with my Boyds stock. I drilled the hole out and press fit some 3/8" dowel rod with a little glue into it. After it dried I redrilled the hole and it fits nice and tight now.
    Did you have a problem aligning the holes. When I get my stock back from Boyds and fit it to my receiver I will have to redrill the hole for the tang screw, seems like the hole is angled?

My wife said if I go coyote hunting one more time she's going to leave me....I'm going to miss that woman!

CGN Regular
    The hole was too far forward on the stock. It's slightly angled. I just used a paint stir stick as a shim to adjust the angle of the stock until it was close on my $40.00 drill press. Marked and center drilled the hole and used a drill bit that was the same diameter as the screw (iirc it was a letter sized drill bit). Somehow I managed to do it right the first time. My plan was to drill it out bigger if I fudged up.

CGN Regular
    Oh and if you reaaally mess that up, my backup backup plan was to either glass bed or jb weld the hole if the hole was too sloppy.

I look forward to hearing about the holster solution - some pretty expensive holsters out there!

ranch hand holster

Go to Ebay and ask for bandito ranch hand holster. fits my ranch hand very well. @ a fair price.

slickfork

Greater Metropolitan Kemptville, People's Republic of Ontario, Occupied Canada and Cottonwood, ##
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    Has anyone swapped out the mares leg lever for a standard size?
    Had my gunsmith cut reweld and blue to match a regular 1892 lever.
    Stripped of pretensions, a crime is anything that a group in power chooses to prohibit - Freda Adler (abbreviated)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
    NFA, CSSA, NRA Life, ICORE, IDPA, AZ CCW, AZCDL. You can never get enough training...

Is there any levers that can be straight swapped into those?
    Just brought home mine and its the first order of buisness, getting a regular loop.

With the ongoing prices for gunsmiths around here, by the time i have the loop reworked and reblued i will be way over the price of a new one.

Greater Metropolitan Kemptville, People's Republic of Ontario, Occupied Canada and Cottonwood, ##
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricecookr View Post
    Is there any levers that can be straight swapped into those?
    Just brought home mine and its the first order of buisness, getting a regular loop.

With the ongoing prices for gunsmiths around here, by the time i have the loop reworked and reblued i will be way over the price of a new one.
    Cost me $60 or so for cut reweld and reblue-as I recall - but I had to wait until it a was scheduled with other similar jobs. May have been a bit more or less. Levers are very hard to find .
    Stripped of pretensions, a crime is anything that a group in power chooses to prohibit - Freda Adler (abbreviated)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
    NFA, CSSA, NRA Life, ICORE, IDPA, AZ CCW, AZCDL. You can never get enough training...