Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW25a

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Don't buy one, buy two! I have one with see-thru scope mounts and bushnell glass, and I swear it gets more use than 20-30 other guns I have, and cost nothing to shoot. Plus, it zaps tennis balls at 200 yards, and has so little recoil you can spot yourself! One of the cheapest guns I have, and one of my favorites.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by vrex View Post
    Thanks. Ya the CZ 452 FS (full stock) would be nice. But the 25A is more in my price range. Hopefully the iron sights on the 25A are half decent, I don't want to scope mine.
    I have a JW-27 that is good with the irons.
    I found the sights on mine were ####e; can't recall the specifics but the *adjustable* rear was terrible and the elevation didn't. YMMV.
    Cheers.
    If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth-Spock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spacesaver View Post
    I found the sights on mine were s**te; can't recall the specifics but the *adjustable* rear was terrible and the elevation didn't. YMMV.
    Cheers.
    Thats odd, my irons work great, though I've never tried past 100m.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN frequent flyer
    I find mine a fun little gun, I did have to file down a couple of bad burrs in the receiver but after that it was a decently smooth action to operate.

I probably got lucky in that the trigger on my rifle is great, I was surprised the first time I shot it; light and crisp pull.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Any word on when these rifles will be back in stock?

good rifle; horrible sights

Quote Originally Posted by vrex View Post
    Thanks. Ya the CZ 452 FS (full stock) would be nice. But the 25A is more in my price range. Hopefully the iron sights on the 25A are half decent, I don't want to scope mine.
    I have a JW-27 that is good with the irons.
    My 25 A is a decent rifle; lots of fun. The sights though are horribly off.

What kind of price range can we expect and does anyone have links to any rep... reviews,

Thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------
    [ N.F.A. C.S.S.A. N.R.A. C.P.C. O.F.A.H. ]
    Check out my blog on affordable gourmet cooking for one.
    http://thegourmetcollegestudent.########.com/

BANNED
    johnone is on vaction and your best beat of figuring out would be to call them about this product as he won't be back for a little while.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    First time I shot mine, I didn't know it actually shot, I had to double check that it didn't dud on me....there is 0 recoil in this little carbine.

Finish is actually pretty darn decent, only tried mine in an indoor range at about 17 yards and it was pretty bang on for the irons.

Problem is finding MAGS FOR THIS THING. non-existant. Having to reload the magazine every 5 rounds gets tiring.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    First time I shot mine, I didn't know it actually shot, I had to double check that it didn't dud on me....there is 0 recoil in this little carbine.

Finish is actually pretty darn decent, only tried mine in an indoor range at about 17 yards and it was pretty bang on for the irons.

Problem is finding MAGS FOR THIS THING. non-existant. Having to reload the magazine every 5 rounds gets tiring.
    I'm considering getting one of these rifles, and if it's the same action as my Norinco Backpacker, the CZ452 .22lr mags fit perfectly. And are readily available. As for the recoil, I'm pretty sure it's more of a .22lr thing than anything else, but I know what you mean. It's awfully nice finding pleasure (or rediscovering it) in a simple, inexpensive shooting sometimes. I still pull the trigger on .22lr more than anything else and surprisingly, my Backpacker gets most of the attention. (I have Savage and Anschutz field-grade guns to choose from) Anyhow, gun money comes and goes...so here's hoping that these rifles reappear during high tide!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast