Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW25a

Finally got one. Bolt is a little rough but it shoots great. I'm pretty happy!

The gun is different from earlier versions though. The stock doesn't have a cut out for the bolt handle - the bolt handle is just different all together, not as sharp of a bend as old ones. Also, the side of the receiver isn't drilled and tapped for a side mount scope like the old ones.

Early stock and bolt:

New one like what I got:

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    Finally got one. Bolt is a little rough but it shoots great. I'm pretty happy!

The gun is different from earlier versions though. The stock doesn't have a cut out for the bolt handle - the bolt handle is just different all together, not as sharp of a bend as old ones. Also, the side of the receiver isn't drilled and tapped for a side mount scope like the old ones.

Early stock and bolt:

New one like what I got:
    the new one have 11mm rail on top to put scope
    waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
    the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

At this price I think I might buy one as a birthday present for my little brother. He loves old Mausers and this would definitely tickle his fancy.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marmot View Post
    At this price I think I might buy one as a birthday present for my little brother. He loves old Mausers and this would definitely tickle his fancy.
    I grabbed a surplus K98 dark leather sling and a reproduction bayonet for mine. There's just something satisfying about putting a bayonet on a .22 rifle...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    mine had a dovetail rail on top. not sure if I like the bolt handle/stock treatment however.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Just bought one of these off a fellow CGNer. Big thanks to Gillen1 for top-notch service!

I am happy with mine too; the bolt was rough when i first got her; I broke her down polished and stoned a few areas; now she is much better. Lots of burrs and rough edges. I think even breaking the gun down and cleaning out the crud from assembly would make a big difference. Stock is a little greasy in the pics lol

Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Tried mine out at the indoor range. At 25 yards my best 15 shot group could just about be covered by a toonie. The front sight obscures more of the target than that at that range.

It'll be interesting to see what it can do once I find an appropriate scope. Very nice little rifle, and a good value.

Thank to jhon who

mine is kid reADY!

NICE SERVICE WILL BUY AGAIN!

john,

im still holding out for a JW-21. any hiding in this latest shipment?

thanks