Norinco JW25a

Basically yes, it is based on the CZ action. BUT, working the action will bring into sharp focus that it is NOT anywhere near as smooth as a CZ. That being said I sent mant thousands of rounds down range with NO problems, decent accuracy, and allways had a graet time with it. I paired mine with a Taco 3-9x scope w/high rings and never looked back.
Cheers!!

Basically yes, it is based on the CZ action. BUT, working the action will bring into sharp focus that it is NOT anywhere near as smooth as a CZ. That being said I sent mant thousands of rounds down range with NO problems, decent accuracy, and allways had a graet time with it. I paired mine with a Taco 3-9x scope w/high rings and never looked back.
Cheers!!

Thanks. Ya the CZ 452 FS (full stock) would be nice. But the 25A is more in my price range. Hopefully the iron sights on the 25A are half decent, I don't want to scope mine.
I have a JW-27 that is good with the irons.

Don't buy one, buy two! I have one with see-thru scope mounts and bushnell glass, and I swear it gets more use than 20-30 other guns I have, and cost nothing to shoot. Plus, it zaps tennis balls at 200 yards, and has so little recoil you can spot yourself! One of the cheapest guns I have, and one of my favorites.

Thanks. Ya the CZ 452 FS (full stock) would be nice. But the 25A is more in my price range. Hopefully the iron sights on the 25A are half decent, I don't want to scope mine.

I found the sights on mine were ####e; can't recall the specifics but the *adjustable* rear was terrible and the elevation didn't. YMMV.
Cheers.

I find mine a fun little gun, I did have to file down a couple of bad burrs in the receiver but after that it was a decently smooth action to operate.

I probably got lucky in that the trigger on my rifle is great, I was surprised the first time I shot it; light and crisp pull.

good rifle; horrible sights

My 25 A is a decent rifle; lots of fun. The sights though are horribly off.

What kind of price range can we expect and does anyone have links to any rep... reviews,

Thanks!

johnone is on vaction and your best beat of figuring out would be to call them about this product as he won't be back for a little while.

First time I shot mine, I didn't know it actually shot, I had to double check that it didn't dud on me....there is 0 recoil in this little carbine.

Finish is actually pretty darn decent, only tried mine in an indoor range at about 17 yards and it was pretty bang on for the irons.

Problem is finding MAGS FOR THIS THING. non-existant. Having to reload the magazine every 5 rounds gets tiring.

First time I shot mine, I didn't know it actually shot, I had to double check that it didn't dud on me....there is 0 recoil in this little carbine.

Finish is actually pretty darn decent, only tried mine in an indoor range at about 17 yards and it was pretty bang on for the irons.

Problem is finding MAGS FOR THIS THING. non-existant. Having to reload the magazine every 5 rounds gets tiring.

I'm considering getting one of these rifles, and if it's the same action as my Norinco Backpacker, the CZ452 .22lr mags fit perfectly. And are readily available. As for the recoil, I'm pretty sure it's more of a .22lr thing than anything else, but I know what you mean. It's awfully nice finding pleasure (or rediscovering it) in a simple, inexpensive shooting sometimes. I still pull the trigger on .22lr more than anything else and surprisingly, my Backpacker gets most of the attention. (I have Savage and Anschutz field-grade guns to choose from) Anyhow, gun money comes and goes...so here's hoping that these rifles reappear during high tide! :)

Back
Top Bottom