Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW25a

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    they work. I had a Jw25a, and I ran all my CZ452mags in it. They worked better in it than the factory one did. go for it. And, if you get any of those CZ rifles in the future you will already have spare mags.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    they work. I had a Jw25a, and I ran all my CZ452mags in it. They worked better in it than the factory one did. go for it. And, if you get any of those CZ rifles in the future you will already have spare mags.
    What about the JW15 mags? Anyone with experience with these?
    Last edited by nighthawk7955; 11-29-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    Hello. JR.

Took your advice and ordered CZ from Cabela's. Just hope I got the right one.

CZ BRNO .22 LR Magazines

10-round polymer magazine for CZ 452/453/455 22 LR/17 HM2

What do you think?

If wrong I can always return it.

Hello Nighthawk

I have two JW15 9-rd mags. The feeding lips were really sharp and had to be sanded down to prevent shredding my fingers. The lips were also a bit tighter then the 5-rd mag that came with it, so I windened them slightly with needle nose plyers. With these minor modifications and a good cleaning these mags work great and were about 1/2 cost of CZ's I priced.
    Last edited by Sigung; 12-14-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Just wondering if any member has had any problems with the bolt safety on the JW25A?

No, but I wish the design was different. Safety latch is under constant tension by the firing spring and I do not like that. Genuine Mauser or side safety would be much better.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    It's not a mauser and has nothing to do with a mauser action. It's a straight up copy of a BRNO action that eventually evolved into the cz 455

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk7955 View Post
    Just wondering if any member has had any problems with the bolt safety on the JW25A?
    Mine was very hard to put on and take off initially. It loosened up a bit with use, but it is still difficult and makes a very loud click. Also, I believe the instruction manual that came with it did not describe the function of the safety properly. I ended up looking at YouTube videos to figure out how it worked, as it was not intuitive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Just checked mine last night and the safety doesn't work.

Zero effs given. I place no faith or trust in mechanical safeties.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    yea same. almost fully non functional. in that it wouldn't go on or off without a total huge effort. But, like the above post, I don't rely on safeties.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC