Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW25a

I just bought a $50 Center Point scope (mounts included) from Canadian Tire and I also ordered and received a WW2 1940 German bayonet!

Hey all, my JW25a has arrived. Is it soaked in cosmoline? It's literally dripping with oil/grease. Does anyone have the procedure to clean it? The bolt was shipped separate, but I'm not sure how to take the rest of the firearm apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    just take it apart bit by bit and clean it up nice. while you are in there, smooth out rough areas on the bolt and where it fits into the firearm. Its easy enough to take apart. I didn't ever take the bolt apart, but just clean it up nice and lube it correctly.

pins in the front near the bands. slide the front sight hood off. then screws on the bottom of the trigger guard/bottom metal. then it all comes apart.

Mine grouped nicely,but it was off badly on point of aim, and it had some questionable wood for sure...
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    just take it apart bit by bit and clean it up nice. while you are in there, smooth out rough areas on the bolt and where it fits into the firearm. Its easy enough to take apart. I didn't ever take the bolt apart, but just clean it up nice and lube it correctly.

pins in the front near the bands. slide the front sight hood off. then screws on the bottom of the trigger guard/bottom metal. then it all comes apart.

Mine grouped nicely,but it was off badly on point of aim, and it had some questionable wood for sure...
    Thanks for the advice! A friend of mine helped me take it apart, we boiled the main bits and wiped the stock down. I actually really like the stock. The rear sight is horribly curved and the front sight is massive. Could hardly hit paper when I shot it today. Tried to bend it back straight. Will probably get a cheapo 4x32 on there soon ..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    the rear sight of a real mauser will fit. I used one from a Yugo M48. Tried the one from mine, then bought a spare for $25 and fit it in with no machining etc.

Personally it looks funny with a scope, but maybe one of those little scout scopes or a ww2 Russian repro might work.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    Hey all, my JW25a has arrived. Is it soaked in cosmoline? It's literally dripping with oil/grease. Does anyone have the procedure to clean it? The bolt was shipped separate, but I'm not sure how to take the rest of the firearm apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
    It's not cosmoline. It's just an oil. Use G96 or other CLP and some rags. start wiping things up.

CGN Regular
    Mine, havent tried with the scope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaybmkr View Post
    I just bought a $50 Center Point scope (mounts included) from Canadian Tire and I also ordered and received a WW2 1940 German bayonet!

Neat!

where did you order the bayonet...va3rpe@gmail.com

I got the bayonet through Marstar.ca. The same place where I got the rifle. I emailed them to make sure it would fit first though.