Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 22 Cal. MP40's and MP44's at Shot Show

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    Wrong on all counts, sir.
    Please elaborate, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Please elaborate, sir.
    last year i tried to purchase an AK 22 they said it was a variant . because cosmetically it looks like an AK even though it isnt ! , no parts would fit a reall AK
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ":D

How do you know you are in a free country? - George Orwell once asked. You know you're in a free country if there is a shotgun mounted on the wall over the fireplace.

CGN frequent flyer
    LOOK closer at the photos. why does it say for projected price under $500
    and the guns actually cost closer to $2500?

Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    looks good, but we can already get those in their real calibers from marstar.

now, if GSG made a remake of the kar98k and G43, THAN i would definitely buy them. I would kill for those two guns made with modern wood and machining like how AIA did with the Lee Enfield.

But until someone makes a modern Kar98k that looks EXACTLY like the WW2 German kar98k, ill keep my historic rifle thanks.

for those that dont want to click on the link:

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=16323

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by drslav View Post
    LOOK closer at the photos. why does it say for projected price under $500
    and the guns actually cost closer to $2500?
    Because these are .22s and are made by a different company than the ones that Marstar currently sells. Instead of just looking at the pretty pictures, read the thread too. Already asked and answered.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwd View Post
    last year i tried to purchase an AK 22 they said it was a variant . because cosmetically it looks like an AK even though it isnt ! , no parts would fit a reall AK
    Considering these don't look like prohibited firearms that example does not apply.

BANNED
    The Ak22 is prohibited by name.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    i cant fathom this......

the SR 22 looks like a M16

the mossberg tactical looks like a M16

lots of other non restricteds or restrictes look like the M16...and they are not classified as variants.

Why cant we get a ak-look alike .22? Say a VZ58 .22?
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    i cant fathom this......

the SR 22 looks like a M16

the mossberg tactical looks like a M16

lots of other non restricteds or restrictes look like the M16...and they are not classified as variants.

Why cant we get a ak-look alike .22? Say a VZ58 .22?
    I think this goes with the "bad guys gun" concept .. the M16 used by our troops and the usa . is the "good guys gun"... stupid concept but i see it like this.. i have a picture of myself holding my Cz 858 on facebook.. and some people are scared to message me about somthing i might be selling online because of it.. to them its a AK-47 assualt rifle and it scares them.. many hunters and gun shooters.. are puzzled that you can even buy it in canada..
    WHO EVER DARES WINS
    I'll Give up My guns, When politicians dont lie

CZ-858 The Canadian AK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SYKEKO View Post
    I think this goes with the "bad guys gun" concept .. the M16 used by our troops and the usa . is the "good guys gun"... stupid concept but i see it like this.. i have a picture of myself holding my Cz 858 on facebook.. and some people are scared to message me about somthing i might be selling online because of it.. to them its a AK-47 assualt rifle and it scares them.. many hunters and gun shooters.. are puzzled that you can even buy it in canada..
    post a vid of you -shooting- it, 5 rounds, nice and slow, just after you fired off 5 rounds from a SKS.......

one looks like a hunting rifle, one looks evil......

end the vid with "both fire the same bullet, both have the same round limitations"

or perhaps use a old hunting rifle... and let them know its much much more powerful then your 7.62x39 assault rifle.

:b
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_454 View Post
    Considering these don't look like prohibited firearms that example does not apply.
    Was an original MP40 ever produced in semi auto only? If not...then yes they do look like prohibited (automatic or converted automatic) firearms.

Look at the GSG-5, prohibited as a 'variant' based on looks alone.

But we can get Thompson M1A1 furniture kits for our Ruger 10/22s, and CZ 858s which to the untrained eye resemble an AK47, and you can build a legal, restricted semi auto Sten gun starting with a bunch of parts sliced up by the military back in the day.

The RCMP can and will prohibit whatever they want for whatever reason they want if they have the sand in their manginas the day that it rolls through their lab.

These .22s are badass; and I'd love to see a non-restricted MP40 (I can handle the extra two inches of barrel). But I'm going to try not to get too excited until the RCMP classes them.

Adam

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast