Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPAL Course vs. RPAL Licence?

RPAL Course vs. RPAL Licence?

Sorry if this is redundant, I didn't see it discussed anywhere after a quick search:

I successfuly completed an RPAL course two weekends ago.

Do I need to wait until I get confirmation of successful completion (a certificate or something?) before I can apply for an RPAL?

This was never actually discussed during the course. In honesty, when I signed up for it I thought I'd exit the course with the RPAL in hand. I wasn't aware how it operated.

What's my next step?

Thanks.

Where are you located? If you're in Ontario, you'd have to get an answer from someone who lives there. If you're from anywhere else in Canada, you should have gotten copies of your course report(proof you attended and passed) to send in with your application.

TDC

Right - I was just talking to someone at the cfc today about this today. Currently the Ontario system is (or rather my understanding is):
    1) The course instructor mails the test result to the CFO.
    2) They stamp the test result and send it to you.
    3) You then send in the stamped test result with the completed application form, the picture, and the money.
    4) You pray nothing gets lost along the way.
    5) They call you and your friends.
    6) License shows up some time later.

RG

<><

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MauserMike's Avatar
    Yup - that's the new procedure in Ontario. An instructor was telling me somebody tried to cheat the system and got caught, so here we are...
    Please join and support CSSA
    CPC Member, http://www.conservative.ca
    E.E.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by MauserMike View Post
    Yup - that's the new procedure in Ontario. An instructor was telling me somebody tried to cheat the system and got caught, so here we are...
    So rather than deal with a cheater, everyone has to put up with further delay. Sounds like a Liberal plan, alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed Grouse View Post
    Right - I was just talking to someone at the cfc today about this today. Currently the Ontario system is (or rather my understanding is):
    1) The course instructor mails the test result to the CFO.
    2) They stamp the test result and send it to you.
    3) You then send in the stamped test result with the completed application form, the picture, and the money.
    4) You pray nothing gets lost along the way.
    5) They call you and your friends.
    6) License shows up some time later.

RG

<><
    Okay, this makes sense.

fwiw, the course I took was taught by a regional (municipal?) CFO who works with the local Police Force. I'm guessing the CFO you refer to is the Provincial CFO?

Dumb question II: Where do you actaully get RPAL application forms? The local Police Station?

TIA!

You can download it from the CFC Website

h ttp://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/form-assistance/indiv_forms/921_e.asp

CGN Regular
    Just in case anyone is interested, I was told by my instructor that the CFO's turnaround to return the test would be within 2 weeks. When I called the CFO last week, they told me to expect 3-4 weeks. I'm pretty sure it will be closer to 4-5 weeks by the time I get mine back.

At this rate, even though they say that applications are being processed between 5-6 weeks, I'm going to guess it will take around 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    So rather than deal with a cheater, everyone has to put up with further delay. Sounds like a Liberal plan, alright.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MauserMike's Avatar
    There is only one Chief Firearms Officer in Ontario. Unless Chris Wyatt himself taught you the course, you were taught by an FO.

People talk about the CFO when they really mean the CFO's office in Orillia. You are not going to be dealing with the CFO for most of the matters we deal with at the user level.

And you're right, this is total BS designed to make people's lives even more difficult.
    Please join and support CSSA
    CPC Member, http://www.conservative.ca
    E.E.S.A.

CGN Regular
    Last edited by rtangri; 05-16-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast