Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPAL Course

CGN Regular

RPAL Course

If I sign up for the RPAL course this weekend (I hope there's still room?) can I pay for a standard membership for the difference in price? (Any high school student discount or similar I can abuse, too? :D)

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    With our memberships, we include either the 4 daypass coupons, or 1 TSE Firearms Safety Course (Restricted and Non-Restricted). We can count that course as the Firearms Safety course and deduct the cost from the membership price.

CGN Regular
    Excellent. Is there a spot left for this weekend?

I think you will find that the course this w/e is a combined course. The next actual RPAL isnt scheduled until 06Mar. They aren't near as packed as the combined courses so it shouldnt be a problem. Keep in mind you need to be 18yr or older to complete. Call the store and ask re space remaining.
    Cheers
    dB
    'The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

CGN Regular
    I need the combined course, I turned 18 at the beginning of the month.

You will find that most of the TSE course's are about 1.5 months out...last time saw they were booking into April...they fill fast so, and the wait lists are pretty full. Get in and get signed up!!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

CGN Regular
    That is not true!
    If you show up the day of the course, chances are they will let you take it because they have a 20% no show rate. I actually completed my course this weekend by dropping in. I had called a week in advance only to hear it was full, but the gentleman who answered the phone kindly informed me about the drop in. He said he hasnt rejected anyone before.

Cool, if it works out. I'm a plan ahead kinda guy, but if a peep can get in like that even better!!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by daBear View Post
    I think you will find that the course this w/e is a combined course. The next actual RPAL isnt scheduled until 06Mar. They aren't near as packed as the combined courses so it shouldnt be a problem. Keep in mind you need to be 18yr or older to complete. Call the store and ask re space remaining.
    Cheers
    dB
    Can a 17 yr old take the course and then apply for the RPAL when 18 or do you actually have to be 18 to take the course? My young fella is just a little over 17 now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CompBoy's Avatar
    I've heard some BS about the CFO rejecting the course if taken before your 18. Might wanna check this though for Alberta I'm in Ontario. I know Manitoba was fine with it 11 years ago when I took my PAL course. Then I heard about needing to retake when I took my RPAL 5 years later.
    A good dog is like a best friend who doesn't drink your booze or doesn't correct you when you lie about fishing and hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast