Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NP22 Crack reciever

NP22 Crack reciever

Hi John sent you a pm about this but i figure your a busy man.
    I have a NP22 that i got off the ee here and was doing a complete teardown to check everything out and low and behold i found a long crack in the reciever on the right side of the slide rail my question is could i purchase just a reciever for it from you or am i stuck with a paper weight?

Thanks Dave
    Does it look like i care about your feelings.

Remember in the next election do your part to support corruption VOTE LIBERAL!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    How about going back to the guy in the EE that sold you a gun with a cracked frame
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    That's pretty ignorant of the seller.
    Can you post pictures of the crack?

I honestly dont think anyone would have found it without doin a complete frame strip.

Last edited by BigDave; 02-22-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added some pics

BANNED
    Ouch...! That's nasty... Definately contact the seller, John is in Africa for 3 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Feb 17/2011

...but I fly to Africa to hunt Ellie with my 8 Bore in the morning, and will be out of touch for three weeks..!

Contacted the seller he had no idea gun was purchased from marstar new bye him and i know there wont be warranty but would like to purchase a new frame if possible gun worked very well i liked it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    were you told by the seller about the crack or was it a surprise?
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum

The seller did not know about the crack at all took this gun in on a trade with some others

I think it will be next to impossible to get just a frame for replacement UNLESS the official Norinco importer into Canada can order just a frame from China. If this works out, the importer will take back the cracked frame and destroy it and so notify CFC and issue you a new serial number with the replacement frame. I had that done with a G22 frame but there may be a different replacement policy with Norinco, if any. What ever happens with the present frame make sure you keep copies of all paperwork that the current frame will be struck off the registration records because I suspect you will end up buying a new NP22 and keep all other parts of the original as spares.

Norinco sells a lot of firearms in Canada. If they value the Canadian market they should rectify this situation.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast