Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10 Round AIA Enfield/M14 Magazines.

Oh bummer

id love to get some .... if I could find an AIA Enfield to put em in ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    Just wondering, does AIA have exclusive manufacturing rights on the magazine, or could anybody manufacture them?

And if they do have exclusive rights to it, does that pertain just to the ten round magazine, or would it be any magazine for that rifle?

Good question....

Ok how much? and when? and where do I buy?
    "One should always have a good since of humor, because if you can't take a joke than you shouldn't be one!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    Just wondering, does AIA have exclusive manufacturing rights on the magazine, or could anybody manufacture them?

And if they do have exclusive rights to it, does that pertain just to the ten round magazine, or would it be any magazine for that rifle?
    They designed the magazine..... so.... most likely they do. How ever they do use another company to make magazines for them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    I was thinking, would it be possible to have Norinco manufacture ten and twenty round magazines for the AIA rifle? Or just twenty round magazines? Norinco and John would likely make a killing, M14 owners would get standard capacity magazines, and probably make some fudds' heads explode in the process.

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone have info on what exactly happened with the idea of either having twenty round aia mags made, or the idea of making a bolt or pump gun that takes mags that could fit into a MODIFIED AR/M14/whatever the crap? I'd think that dlask would be on that like white on rice.

Maybe I should buy a nice CNC machine.... Oh wait, I forgot, I never cashed my lotto winnings check and it expired...

But seriously, I can't imagine someone hasn't tried this is in a proper way (I.e. making a manual gun that takes m14 mags etc.... I'm talking about a half assed manual gun that takes mags that are close in shape but deliberately different than those of a common semi auto. The difference would be something that would easily be modified on your semi auto to allow them to fit. Anything?)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Apparently, according to the rcmp, the "excemption" clause that states enfield mags can have ten rounds in the Order in Council section, actually means they can only have ten and no more.

A competitor of marstar has already gone down this road. I won't name them in marstars forum, but I will say they have their own section.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    Ahh ok fair enough. I understand the forum bit too no worries.

Since this thread is about mags I'll ask it here tho, I've searched and come up with squat. Anyone try the halfassed bolt/pump thing properly yet?