Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10 Round AIA Enfield/M14 Magazines.

looking at this another way, if m14 mags fit the AIA rifle , why doesn't a company sell 10 rnd m14 mags as AIA mags ?
    maybe a new floor plate that says for the AIA rifle, and If it happens to fit an M14 will what a surprise!

That's begging for an RCMP no fun allowed visit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr7 View Post
    looking at this another way, if m14 mags fit the AIA rifle , why doesn't a company sell 10 rnd m14 mags as AIA mags ?
    maybe a new floor plate that says for the AIA rifle, and If it happens to fit an M14 will what a surprise!
    Because they're designed and manufactured for both and would be 5 only. The magazine is differen't in 2 ways no guide rod hole and 2 the back notch is a little smaller and has a 45 degree angle on it. As for 20 rounds if you read the law it says a Lee Enfield rifle can't be over 10 rounds meaning since it's sort of the same rifle to bad so sad.
    Last edited by haha49; 08-24-2013 at 04:38 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You do know that a bolt action can be as many rounds as you want right? The mag restrictions only apply to semi-autos.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Because they're designed and manufactured for both and would be 10 only. The magazine is differen't in 2 ways no guide rod hole and 2 the back notch is a little smaller and has a 45 degree angle on it. As for 20 rounds if you read the law it says a Lee Enfield rifle can't be over 10 rounds meaning since it's sort of the same rifle to bad so sad.
    I'm not sure if what you say is 100% correct. Example the Indian Ishapore 7.62 NATO calibre version of the Lee Enfield rifle. Apparently it can accept up to twelve rounds in the magazine and I've yet to hear of Canadian gun regulations connected to it's full capacity.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

As for 20 rounds if you read the law it says a Lee Enfield rifle can't be over 10 rounds meaning since it's sort of the same rifle to bad so sad.
    I have not read that part of law that singles out some bolt action rifles for mag limits. Is this a new change? I would like to read this law...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I have not read that part of law that singles out some bolt action rifles for mag limits. Is this a new change? I would like to read this law...
    It's not new it's in there because of the 25 round bren magazines that were also for the lee enfield so they put it in the law because people said well I'll just adapt my gun to fit it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    PART 4PROHIBITED DEVICES

Former Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 9

1. Any electrical or mechanical device that is designed or adapted to operate the trigger mechanism of a semi-automatic firearm for the purpose of causing the firearm to discharge cartridges in rapid succession.

2. Any rifle, shotgun or carbine stock of the type known as the “bull-pup” design, being a stock that, when combined with a firearm, reduces the overall length of the firearm such that a substantial part of the reloading action or the magazine-well is located behind the trigger of the firearm when it is held in the normal firing position.

Former Cartridge Magazine Control Regulations

3. (1) Any cartridge magazine

(a) that is capable of containing more than five cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed and that is designed or manufactured for use in

(i) a semi-automatic handgun that is not commonly available in Canada,

(ii) a semi-automatic firearm other than a semi-automatic handgun,

(iii) an automatic firearm whether or not it has been altered to discharge only one projectile with one pressure of the trigger,

(iv) the firearms of the designs commonly known as the Ingram M10 and M11 pistols, and any variants or modified versions of them, including the Cobray M10 and M11 pistols, the RPB M10, M11 and SM11 pistols and the SWD M10, M11, SM10 and SM11 pistols,

(v) the firearm of the design commonly known as the Partisan Avenger Auto Pistol, and any variant or modified version of it, or

(vi) the firearm of the design commonly known as the UZI pistol, and any variant or modified version of it, including the Micro-UZI pistol; or

(b) that is capable of containing more than 10 cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed and that is designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic handgun that is commonly available in Canada.

(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not include any cartridge magazine that

(a) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that

(i) is chambered for, or designed to use, rimfire cartridges,

(ii) is a rifle of the type commonly known as the “Lee Enfield” rifle, where the magazine is capable of containing not more than 10 cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed, or

(iii) is commonly known as the U.S. Rifle M1 (Garand) including the Beretta M1 Garand rifle, the Breda M1 Garand rifle and the Springfield Armoury M1 Garand rifle;

Hope that clears this up.

Moe

It's not new it's in there because of the 25 round bren magazines that were also for the lee enfield so they put it in the law because people said well I'll just adapt my gun to fit it.
    Lol what?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

The simple fact that you refer to it as a "Bren" mag should indicate that it was "designed for" an autoloading gun, not a bolter.
    BTW, the Bren mag holds 30, but is recommended to hold 28.