Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10 Round AIA Enfield/M14 Magazines.

in any case, 5 extra rounds just makes an m-14 more heavy anyways...

BWAAAAHAHAHAAA!! just kidding !! got you going there, didn't I ...

WTF are you trying to argue? Lee Enfields can use 10-rd magazines, no greater. So can M14's since the mags are manufacture for Lee Enfields, and are clearly identified as such. it says #### all about semi automatic, and point me to a Lee Enfield magazine greater than 10 rounds anyways to make your point even close to valid.

Also, point me to a Lee Enfield rifle in semi auto that was manufactured (not converted) that way for Canadian sale. Since they clearly wrote that law in respect to the semi auto Enfield as you keep stating.
    Last edited by TT_270wsm; 08-24-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Read what I highlighted it very much defines exactly what I said. Maybe your IQ is too low?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

A small number of semi-auto enfields were manufactured and converted, resulting in the Charlton Automatic Rifles. They were meant to fill the gap somewhere between the Bren and Lewis guns, although most of them were destroyed after WWII, the rest belonging to museums or private collections. I don't think that a single one has ever touched Canadian soil. Still, it would be a nice piece for a collection. I doubt anyone could want >5 round mags badly enough to find a Charlton and begin manufacturing parts for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    WTF are you trying to argue? Lee Enfields can use 10-rd magazines, no greater. So can M14's since the mags are manufacture for Lee Enfields, and are clearly identified as such. it says #### all about semi automatic, and point me to a Lee Enfield magazine greater than 10 rounds anyways to make your point even close to valid.

Also, point me to a Lee Enfield rifle in semi auto that was manufactured (not converted) that way for Canadian sale. Since they clearly wrote that law in respect to the semi auto Enfield as you keep stating.

^thank you, I am aware of the Charlton automatic rifles, which were converted Lee Enfields from New Zealand, and I agree about the lack of need to legislate its mag capacity. Hardly grounds to write gun law exceptions about in Canada considering their scope. Section 2 (a) (ii) seems to clearly be referring to the Lee Enfields we know and own here in Canada, of the bolt action variety. I won't waste my breath with VanEinstein any further, it's like talking to a liberal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post

I will point out a Lee Enfield with more than 10 rounds. The Ishapore 2A1 Lee Enfield has a 10 OR 12 round 7.62x51 magazine.

As I recall it, this all grew out of former NFA Pres. David Tomlinson pointing out to the feds during the early days of bill C-17 that the Charlton used the same mags as the regular LE. (DAT was a real 5hit disturber...)
    At that time, people hadnt keyed onto the words "designed for", so thought that if the LE fit an autoloading rifle it would have to be pinned to 5.
    That is the only reason a bolt action mag is specifically "exempted", even though it does not need to be.

So are there new mags comming in?
    It's obviuous our laws don't stop crime. We need a 45-70 government!

Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm; and disarming decent people, or restricting them from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    So are there new mags comming in?
    Quick answer: No

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    so the hope is dead then??
    (sorry for the resurrect)