Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AR-15/M-16 Magazines

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    Sorry john, didnt realise that china isn't a major defense contractor *sarcasm off*, and i havent seen one yet so how would i know "how high quality this magazine is?" i wasn't attacking the product, just wondering where it was built .... dunno why you jumped on me.
    Take a tissue and dry your eyes... and learn to read!

He didn't say China wasn't a major defense contractor. He said China, to his knowledge, wasn't making this quality of magazine.

To many big words? Take all the time you need, its not a race there Sparky.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

really? his answer to are they made in china is: they are made by a defence contrator as i stated... (which would mean that this is somehow an indication they are not chinese) and the chinese dont make mags of "this" (which none of us really know to be any better than chinese ones as we haven't handled them) quality. I was hoping for a yes or no answer not a lesson on what quality of product the chinese are putting out these days... and if he didn't want to say wether or not they are chinese a good answer would have been: sorry dont want to say. I dont like playing word games and guessing but im fine with someone not giving up they're source.

Expired Business
    AR-15/M16-MAGAZINES;

I will try to use only short words to avoid further confusion WINNIPEGGER....

I apologize for trying to explain fully in my replies of yesterday.... I get hell when my replies are too short, now I am reprimanded because they are too long, oh well !

1) The are NOT Chinese....
    2) I repeat and explain, the Chinese are not major contractors of Nato type equipment.
    3) What I was trying to say is that I had NOT found any mags of this quality in China....
    4) No I will not disclose the manufacturer....

I do hope this is the end of this issue
    John

South Korea?

Why wouldn't you want to disclose the country of origin? I realize that most Asian countries have a rep for putting out low quality product, but this is not always the case. I think you owe it to your customers to describe the product you're selling as accurately as possible.

Thank you. I was never confused just don't like trying to distill a response to get a true answer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_denis View Post
    I think you owe it to your customers to describe the product you're selling as accurately as possible.
    He has. If he says it is good, that is good enough. If it is not good, he will make it right. He is not a fly by night lacky, he has a reputation of bringing good things to market and making things right if problems occur. He owes his customers nothing sir, nothing more than the high levels of customer service he already provides. We are here all week, try the veal.

Expired Business
    zZ DENIS;
    Without offending anybody, why should I give away my source ?

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    zZ DENIS;
    Without offending anybody, why should I give away my source ?

John
    John,
    Im not asking you to give away YOUR source.

What i meant to say was that the country of manufacture is an important part of product description, and should be provided. Every other dealer provides this info, most of the time without it being requested.

You are selling "Chinese Military SKS" (title) on your site. It's clear where they came from, without giving away the name of YOUR source (i.e. phone and address of the place where you bought them).
    What do you think would happen if you listed them simply as "Military SKS made by a major military factory" ?

I have no doubts that these mags are good. I have been a happy Marstar customer for many years... But I can give you a whole list of reasons why a customer would want to know where the product came from (aside from whether or not it's "good").

And while "made by a major military contractor" might be good enough description for some, i can assure you that its not enough for many others.
    There are "major military contractors" in pretty much every semi-developed country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    He has. If he says it is good, that is good enough. If it is not good, he will make it right. He is not a fly by night lacky, he has a reputation of bringing good things to market and making things right if problems occur. He owes his customers nothing sir, nothing more than the high levels of customer service he already provides. We are here all week, try the veal.
    Thanks for your input.

At the end of the day, if its a decent bit of kit, and the retailer is willing to put their name and reputation behind it, why should it matter where its made? If there are problems, and there can be problems with any magazine, regardless of who manufactures it, and the retailer is willing to refund or replace, then thats good enough for me.

I doubt any one of us on this forum will put any AR mag through a fraction of the abuse a military spec mag is designed to take. So the chances of a mag from Azerbijan failing during a 3 gun match or an average day at the range are pretty slim as long as it is manufactured to a reasonably decent standard.

Functional kit at a reasonable price gets my vote!
    "Are You Ready?"
    "Stand by"
    Beeeep!
    Click!
    "Oh F*%K!!!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_denis View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    Not a problem, you are more than welcome. Glad I could be of some help. Tip your waitress.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast