Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEA Swiss Arms lowers

The cost of buying as many swiss arms mags as I have AR mags would exceed the cost of these lowers. And I can use 10 rounds. :D
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    The cost of buying as many swiss arms mags as I have AR mags would exceed the cost of these lowers. And I can use 10 rounds. :D
    Fair enough. When I bought my SA mags they were less than $50 per 30/5. Of course, Dominion mags works just as well and are quite a bit cheaper so the only real incentive to spend the money is the 10 round LAR mag availability. If this is important enough, then the NEA lower is the way to go. In any case, it's great to see Canadian manufacturing firearm parts and complete guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    OK, so when I preorder one of these from Target Sports this weekend, all I will need is the internals from my SA lower, and an aftermarket AR mag release?

Is there any way to attach the factory folding stock back to the rifle?
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    OK, so when I preorder one of these from Target Sports this weekend, all I will need is the internals from my SA lower, and an aftermarket AR mag release?

Is there any way to attach the factory folding stock back to the rifle?
    NEA mentioned they were making an adapter.

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    How much testing has been done on this lower?

- Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function?
    - What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
    - How many rounds on the test guns?
    - Any wear points been identified? Pins, Trigger mech etc? all the parts are meant to work with a steel lower and now they are being plopped into an aluminum one.
    - Any other testing done?

CGN Regular
    I would be more interested in a complete lower as well, as then I could swap it out for IPSC/3-gun competitions to get the LAR mags, yet still have the SAN lower for shooting fun.

lonedrone

Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    How much testing has been done on this lower?

- Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function?
    - What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
    - Any wear points been identified? Pins, Trigger mech etc? all the parts are meant to work with a steel lower and now they are being plopped into an aluminum one.
    - Any other testing done?
    I would highly doubt any manufacturer would test a lower to the degree that a new platform would be tested, especially since 'they' are all ready in the game building MilSpec products for real world users. If the holes are in the right spots, and the metal used it whats used in other lowers its good enough for me. Testing can be over rated, by a lot. common sense has more value.

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I would highly doubt any manufacturer would test a lower to the degree that a new platform would be tested, especially since 'they' are all ready in the game building MilSpec products for real world users. If the holes are in the right spots, and the metal used it whats used in other lowers its good enough for me. Testing can be over rated, by a lot. common sense has more value.
    What is "good enough" for some, is not the case for others. Care to enlighten me on what "milspec" products NEA produces for the small arms industry, and what "real world users" have contracted them for firearms parts?

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?

Seriously, it's not like we are talking about the reputation of Colt or FN here. It would be stupid not to thoroughly test a part before releasing it to the public, especially when it's for a very expensive rifle and the part itself costs quite a bit.

Manufacturer-Business Member
    [QUOTE=angryeyebrows;5480601]How much testing has been done on this lower?
    Please keep in mind the sig lowers in the U.S are Aluminum. We are using the same foot print internally they used with a few small modifications that we feel make the lower better
    - Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function? Yes, We have put parts kits into 6 of our lowers without a single issue

-What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
    All of the above. Not that it matters, there is a specific mil spec for magwell size.

2000 on two test lowers each

Manufacturer-Business Member
    [QUOTE=angryeyebrows;5481446]What is "good enough" for some, is not the case for others.
    I dont disagree, people work hard for their money and they should buy what they feel gives them the best quality and value for their money. I hope i have eased your concerns above.

Care to enlighten me on what "milspec" products NEA produces for the small arms industry, and what "real world users" have contracted them for firearms parts?
    After the last flame fest, its nobodies business. If you dont want to beleive that we are shipping components over sea's, it is not my problem. As i stated before though, via google you can find two seperate U.S tac teams using our product

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?
    you shouldnt. But i think our quality and customer service record for the last two years speaks volumes to the quality of what we allow out our doors.

Seriously, it's not like we are talking about the reputation of Colt or FN here. It would be stupid not to thoroughly test a part before releasing it to the public, especially when it's for a very expensive rifle and the part itself costs quite a bit.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast