Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEA Swiss Arms lowers

Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    What is "good enough" for some, is not the case for others. Care to enlighten me on what "milspec" products NEA produces for the small arms industry, and what "real world users" have contracted them for firearms parts?

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?

Seriously, it's not like we are talking about the reputation of Colt or FN here. It would be stupid not to thoroughly test a part before releasing it to the public, especially when it's for a very expensive rifle and the part itself costs quite a bit.
    NEA has a very good reputation for taking care of their customers. If something isn't working, they make it right and don't leave anyone hanging.

As for swapping internal parts from my orignal OEM lower, I already told Jeff that most of us 'hardcore' Swiss Arms/SIG fans would much prefer to keep our original lowers untouched and would be willing to pay extra for either a complete NEA lower or stripped lower and LPK to complete our own.

If you're willing to spend $3500 on a gopher gun, and another $500-$1000 for factory/OEM magazines, most Swiss Arms owners aren't afraid of spending an extra couple hundred for the convenience of simply swapping one lower for another.

In fact, a lot of us own more than one Swiss Arms rifle, so having one complete NEA lower that I could switch between non-restricted Blue Special/Classic Green, along with restricted Carbine and CQB is attractive to me. Spending $30.00 per AR mag is also a lot more attractive than dropping $100 for a single OEM mag.

As a civilian, I actually really like the Swiss Arms mag design. It is certainly robust enough for my needs and the ability to snap several together is convenient. However, I don't drop them on rough concrete floors or rocky gun ranges. That is where PMAGS would really shine. Having the ability to use 10 round LAR mags in target practice or hunting praire dogs, etc... is another reason why the complete lower is attractive to me. Saves on the hassle of loading mags.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?
    common sense sometimes overcomes blind faith. for $500 its not like you're risking your soul. Try one, you might be surprised, pleasantly

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Thanks NEA. Good answers. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Thanks NEA. Good answers. Exactly what I wanted to hear.
    No problem. I had to use the bold and underline because my browser will not let me use a different colour on the text and i was feeling to lazy to use quotes multiple times.................. cant wait to once and for all be done with PC/windows platforms.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    I too would buy the lower with complete internal parts rather than strip them out of my Swissarms.

BANNED
    Will these actually work without doing the trunion relief cut on the upper?

Quote Originally Posted by ESTRADA View Post
    Will these actually work without doing the trunion relief cut on the upper?
    Its plug and play. no gun smithing required.

I'd be up for one with full internals. Like someone said above. I'm into this rifle thousands already. Whats a few hundred more.

Wait until the Troy battle axe stocks are up here and available. mmmmnnnnn, it handles so nicely with that stock.

+1

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast