Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEA Swiss Arms lowers

I have a few original Swiss lowers and would still be interested in buying a complete lower as well as a few stripped

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Put mine on preorder at Target Sports today, saw the display model, looks very nicely finished and machined. Can't wait until I get my hands on it! :D
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

BANNED
    I guess this lower will lighten up the rifle a bit too? how hard is it to swap the lower parts compared to a AR?

I could do a parts swap in 15mins. If you've never done it, maybe twice as long? Not hard, about the same level of difficulty as a AR kit.
    Neit Arms co. &
    Neit Designs Inc.
    www.NeitArms.com
    sales@neitarms.com

Because "Made in Canada" Matters.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    We're running our pre-production sample on a 20" Class Green upper as a range gun if anyone wants to come play with it.

Tried the pre-production lower on the range gun (20" upper) today and noticed a few things on it:

1) Felt a little more frontheavy than my own classic green. I'm not sure though if it was all in my head, or if the lower really was a bit lighter. The collapsable stock might have contributed to the feeling as well.

2)Placement of the mag release. I couldn't actually hit the mag relase without re-adjusting my grip. I'll admit I have small carny like hands, but the placement of the mag release isn't an issue when I've used AR's or other AR style lowers (ie XCR). My fingertip barely brushed up against it.

3)Height of the stock. Again, I could chalk it up to the stock that was on it or just unfamiliarity with a different weapon, but I couldn't get the same sort of cheek-weld with it the way I can with the SAN stock when using irons.

4)Bolt doesn't stay back after the last round. It's nit-picky, but having to work the charging handle instead of just slapping the bolt-release every time after inserting a fresh magazine is a little akward, especially with certain optics mounted.

It was interesting to try out, and I'd like to try it with optics and with shorter barrel lengths, but as it stands I don't think I'll get one for myself just yet.
    ‎"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locos View Post
    4)Bolt doesn't stay back after the last round. It's nit-picky, but having to work the charging handle instead of just slapping the bolt-release every time after inserting a fresh magazine is a little akward, especially with certain optics mounted.

It was interesting to try out, and I'd like to try it with optics and with shorter barrel lengths, but as it stands I don't think I'll get one for myself just yet.
    That is not an issue on the production models. The pre production model you tried went out with that being a known issue that had to be adjusted for the production run.

We have 300 lowers in the last stage of machining.

Manufacturer-Business Member

I would apologize for the delay in releasing these but i would rather be late then release something that i hate. What you are looking at is part of 300 lowers about to be sent to the vibro benches for deburring and then on to Anodize. Worst case at this point will be us shipping to TSE in two weeks. I am hoping that we ship by the end off this coming week.

Its amazing how fast a dozen coffees and a couple boxes of donuts can improves ones place in the scheduling at our processing house.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Donuts always work wonders as a bribe.

I think that it is difficult psychologically for Swissarms owners to butcher their rifles to create this new configuration. Most of responses I have read indicate that people would prefer a complete lower. There is a psychological factor at play again. Swissarms are expensive rifles. A person who buys Swissarms believes that he buys a superior product in all respects that does not need anything changed. The average Swissarms owner considers AR compatible lower a nice toy or addition to already existing good rifle, and not necessarily an improvement over already good product. Whether this is true or not does not matter, this is what people believe. Based on that I think that a complete lower would actually sell better even at extra cost. I would even go further and suggest that if there is an opportunity for a dealer to purchase a batch of complete uppers and combine them with these AR style lowers and sell them as complete rifles at a competitive price, many people would go for it. I know I would. In any case, this product is a step in a right direction and only time will show what the best way of selling it is.
    One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness.

-Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast