Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEA Swiss Arms lowers

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    Are in stock! $499ea.

No LPKs available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Locos View Post
    4)Bolt doesn't stay back after the last round. It's nit-picky, but having to work the charging handle instead of just slapping the bolt-release every time after inserting a fresh magazine is a little akward, especially with certain optics mounted.
    What is the difference in this lower that causes this? It could be considered a major difference, for some more than others.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    I think that it is difficult psychologically for Swissarms owners to butcher their rifles to create this new configuration. Most of responses I have read indicate that people would prefer a complete lower. There is a psychological factor at play again. Swissarms are expensive rifles. A person who buys Swissarms believes that he buys a superior product in all respects that does not need anything changed. The average Swissarms owner considers AR compatible lower a nice toy or addition to already existing good rifle, and not necessarily an improvement over already good product. Whether this is true or not does not matter, this is what people believe. Based on that I think that a complete lower would actually sell better even at extra cost. I would even go further and suggest that if there is an opportunity for a dealer to purchase a batch of complete uppers and combine them with these AR style lowers and sell them as complete rifles at a competitive price, many people would go for it. I know I would. In any case, this product is a step in a right direction and only time will show what the best way of selling it is.
    spot on buddy .. my thoughts exactly..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This is definatly an intresting Add on. I think what throughs me off is the fact that this is non complaint with a lot of swiss shooting clubs. It's a lot of cash to drop on something you have to take off and swap parts every time you go competition shooting.

As for previous coments of exsisting companies putting out higher "trustable" standards... BS most companies ride there good name.
    FN they are one of the worst, out of 36 C6 GMPG's in our company we blew 2 gas regulators out on the first round through the gun, another blew by the end of the range day. that was 3 regulators out of aprox 10 that had been replaced due to wear and tear (gun rebuilds in prep for deployment) Turns out FN stopped xray scanning their gas regulators and don't presure test them either.

Remington is another magor perp. My on my 770 the bolt handbroke off while cycling a round (about the 16th round the gun had seen), that was a s**tty reason to miss a 3x3 buck. the 700's are starting to have issues with their head spacing out of the factory, nothing like having to drop $400 to get a $800 riffle fixed right off the get go because the company won't take it on return. Aparantly shooting a 2.5 MOA at 100m in a static bench because a lug isn't touching isn't a warrenty issue.
    Last edited by LordEvilPepper; 06-26-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Just out of curiousity, have the SA lower parts kits arrived yet??

I have also hear that complete uppers might be availalbe on there own.

Any truth to this??

regards

AbH

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    Why would you swap parts between lowers? The Euro mags made by Swiss Arms for the 550/551/552/553 and by HK for the G36's are inferior and hated. I have a dozen emails from elite units in europe who are buying our G36 mag well adapters that give complaint after complaint regarding the Swiss and G36 mags. Same goes for the folding stocks. The guys who actually shoot their guns for living hate the stocks.

Let me give you a piece of advice, if you are going to buy the NEA Swiss lower, sell your factory lower for the the $700 its worth and buy a case of ammo with your new lower.
    Fot the SAN, the upper is the firearm and it's not restricted. For the AR-15, it's the lower receiver that's classified as the firearm and it's restricted. While the NEA lower will indeed allow the use of cheap and plentiful mags, wouldn't make the SAN a restricted rifle the moment they are coupled?
    Last edited by Miltiades; 12-16-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: I found the answer on my own and it will not be restricted.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

Manufacturer-Business Member
    No.. It's still the upper that's the gun. It's a SAN lower with an AR magwell, not an AR lower on a SAN rifle.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
    Fot the SAN, the upper is the firearm and it's not restricted. For the AR-15, it's the lower receiver that's classified as the firearm and it's restricted. While the NEA lower will indeed allow the use of cheap and plentiful mags, wouldn't make the SAN a restricted rifle the moment they are coupled?
    No, because as you said, the SAN upper is the registered firearm. The lower is just a gun part.

LPK's for the SAN rifles have not arrived yet.

And Abhobbyist; Possibly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    abhobbyist
    I have also hear that complete uppers might be availalbe on there own.

Any truth to this??

That would be great We'd get a de-facto Sig 556 (although of better quality than the US made ones).

It'd be nice to be able to get a complete nea lower with say, a shorter barreled upper (14" or shorter) as a complete rifle. For those of us who already own Classic Greens, we could switch out/mix and match lowers with uppers depending on what we want to do with them.
    Want a unrestricted upper that accepts 10 rd AR mags for varminting? Switch the classic green upper to the NEA/AR mag lower. Want to do a CQB type match with 10 rd AR mags (with somewhat faster mag changes)? Put the shorter barrel on the complete NEA lower.

I don't know if it's worth it, but it'd be a nice option to be able to do this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by zupermann; 12-17-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    No.. It's still the upper that's the gun. It's a SAN lower with an AR magwell, not an AR lower on a SAN rifle.
    Yes, I rebooted my brain a second after I submitted my posting and I edited to that effect. With all of us referring to as the AR lower and a little brain fade, oops.

Thanks for the clarification. Once a complete NEA lower is available from TSE, I'm in.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast