Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Korean Garands?

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Christ... Who pissed in your Cornflakes?
    NOBODY did !!

I am being realistic is all.I installed the bolts and checked headspace in ALL the Danish Garands that Alan Lever imported in 1998-1999.I creamed off about 35 or so and still have them ALL too.

I took a brand new 5 mil SA receiver and breeched up a U.S.Navy purpose built 7.62x51mm NATO match barrel and added all brand new SA post WWII parts to get a nice 7.62mm rifle in addition to my 3 brand new UNissued Breda Garands and the WIN-13's and 3 and 4 digit rifles and all the rest and called it good !

I made 4 trips to Manila to inspect the half million Garands they have in POOR storage too. Saw the Korean rifles as well as some in Jordan.Admittedly the Koreans have about 5K "canned" Garands and perhaps 7K M1 Carbines but most are in VERY TOUGH SHAPE with rod worn barrels and you KNOW they won't sell the "canned" ones until the last and even then will want stupid money.You also have all the greedy generals in BOTH Korea and the Philippines trying to see that THEY get a bigger cut than the next general too.
    Corruption is ENDEMIC in BOTH countries.

I have seen the Italian Tipo 1 and Tipo 2 Garands and would LOVE a nice Italian Contract(as opposed to Danish) Breda converted to 7.62mm NATO and have good friends in Milano who have ALREADY BOUGHT them from their Government(along with LONG BRANCH No4's and C No7 .22's) and THEIR government(unlike OUR's and those scumbag Chiefs of Police LIARS) who actually don't have a PROBLEM with selling OBSOLETE rifles to Collectors.

How is being REALISTIC the result of finding that someone must have P'd in your All Bran anyway ? Are we NOT allowed to tell it like it is around here without guys who have NO CLUE jumping in with inane comments ?

Yes,I WOULD buy 2 Italian 7.62 NATO conversion(Tipo 2) rifles BUT NOT FROM SOME IMPORTER trying to retire on a few hundred rifles.I would rather just buy a couple from friends in Italy and save the money.Just CHECK the prices that the Canadian Importers are selling their rifles for vs the guys in the US and REMEMBER BOTH paid the same prices overseas.Our importers are just GREEDIER is all.

Cheers,

JR
    Last edited by John R.; 03-06-2011 at 12:57 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CompBoy's Avatar
    or have more BS paper work to deal with and higher cost from the paper work
    A good dog is like a best friend who doesn't drink your booze or doesn't correct you when you lie about fishing and hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I would take two of each!!! If they ever get here!

CGN Regular
    I'd be in for one!!!
    A F & A.M / / / 2B1ASK1!

I would love one. However, the price has to be resonable (considering this is a used, abused, 60-year old rifle) and the condition has to be good (no rust buckets, if it isn't a shooter then forget it). Everyone talking like they are willing to drop down $1K sight unseen is somewhat disturbing.

I like realistic info, I dislike bullsh!t. I'll be impressed if any Korean Garands make it here. I won't pay 800$+ for one, my loss for sure.

ill take 3 :D
    if we all used the search function what would we have to talk about-me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    just curious about this .....

the garands will be in 30-06 ???
    and the carbines in .30 carbine ( 7.62 x 33 ) ???

if not , what are they going to be chambered in ?

also are the carbines in a barrel length long enough to keep it nonrestricted ?

The carbines will be most likely restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngyukon View Post
    Is there a waiting list or first come first serve when and if they come in?
    Talk is cheap. First pay first serve, as always.