Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Korean Garands?

BANNED
    This isn't a retail site that we have access to so I think it's okay to post this link to the U.S Civilian Marksmanship Program website.
    http://www.thecmp.org/

These are the folks who in the U.S. sell Garands etc to citizens who qualify.

I remember couple years ago prices were a LOT lower.... so whether it's the CMP charging more, and retailers following, or the other way around, the prices on the site are probably pretty realistic for what an M1's gonna cost now and for the foreseeable future.

You'd be looking at anywhere from $500-1100 USD ... if you were in the U.S. and you qualified to buy one.

And I'm sure retailers here will be keeping these #s in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    just curious about this .....

the garands will be in 30-06 ???
    and the carbines in .30 carbine ( 7.62 x 33 ) ???

if not , what are they going to be chambered in ?

also are the carbines in a barrel length long enough to keep it nonrestricted ?
    Sheesh...All the Korean M1 Carbines are MILITARY ISSUE with STANDARD LENGTH(i.e., RESTRICTED) barrels.

NO MILITARY ISSUE CARBINE HAS A LONGER THAN NORMAL BARREL SO ALL of them will DEFINITELY BE RESTRICTED How did you conclude that these would NOT be anything BUT restricted ?
    Last edited by John R.; 03-06-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    This isn't a retail site that we have access to so I think it's okay to post this link to the U.S Civilian Marksmanship Program website.
    http://www.thecmp.org/

These are the folks who in the U.S. sell Garands etc to citizens who qualify.

I remember couple years ago prices were a LOT lower.... so whether it's the CMP charging more, and retailers following, or the other way around, the prices on the site are probably pretty realistic for what an M1's gonna cost now and for the foreseeable future.

You'd be looking at anywhere from $500-1100 USD ... if you were in the U.S. and you qualified to buy one.

And I'm sure retailers here will be keeping these #s in mind.
    Dream on !

Canadian importers and retailers are GREEDY and pay NO ATTENTION to US retail prices at all.If you had ANY IDEA as to the markups some of these guys are making you would have an infarct.

What EVER caused you to try to use the Civilian Marksmanship Program's(CMP) as a guide baffles me.Cross Reference pricing on Mosin Nagants here and in the US for example and you'll see what I mean.ONLY the total saturation re Ukrainian Surplus SKS-45's in Canada along with the CHEAP and oh so corrosive Czech Surplus 7.62x39mm ammo is a bargain and that is SOLELY on account of the rifles being ILLEGAL to import into the US of A.

Canada is almost the ONLY market and you all saw the 300 PLUS dollars that our dear importers and retailers were asking at the outset until saturation set in.Now you can get them for +/-$149.95 IF you look.just like EACH AND EVERY SKS came with TWO ammo pouches in the crates BUT you see either the importers or retailers only supplying ONE pouch with each rifle.Just like Century removed all the oil bottles and cleaning kits from the brand new in the crates Polish M44 Carbines back in 1984.Another classic case of MILSURP GREED in the importers REMOVING the bayonets and tool rolls from all the SVT-40's and selling them at ludicrous prices seperately.

Nobody minds a decent profit but these guys are just TOO GREEDY for words.

Just look at how the Canadian Govt lets the OIL COMPANIES screw us with the current pump price of fuel.It takes roughly NINETY DAYS for a drop of crude at the wellhead to get to the retail pump..YET we see big oil jacking their prices a nanosecond after some New York commodities dealer whispers a new BS rumour that some guy in Saudi Far*ed and they price MUST jump by 5 bucks a barrel.it is all nothing but GREED yet our Govt just wring their hands and say'we can't DO ANYTHING about it".BS says me ! Nationalize ALL
    Canadian crude oil sources and get the foreigners OUT of controlling our natural resources.Canada is one of the STUPIDEST countries on EARTH for ever having permitted FOREIGNERS to take over our patrimony.We need to take it ALL BACK and stop our getting screwed by foreign oil companies and seeing their literally OBSCENE profits going to New York commodities speculators and Oil Companies.How dumb we truly ARE to permit this sorry state of affairs...

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    Dream on !

Canadian importers and retailers are GREEDY and pay NO ATTENTION to US retail prices at all.If you had ANY IDEA as to the markups some of these guys are making you would have an infarct.

What EVER caused you to try to use the Civilian Marksmanship Program's(CMP) as a guide baffles me.Cross Reference pricing on Mosin Nagants here and in the US for example and you'll see what I mean.ONLY the total saturation re Ukrainian Surplus SKS-45's in Canada along with the CHEAP and oh so corrosive Czech Surplus 7.62x39mm ammo is a bargain and that is SOLELY on account of the rifles being ILLEGAL to import into the US of A.

Canada is almost the ONLY market and you all saw the 300 PLUS dollars that our dear importers and retailers were asking at the outset until saturation set in.Now you can get them for +/-$149.95 IF you look.just like EACH AND EVERY SKS came with TWO ammo pouches in the crates BUT you see either the importers or retailers only supplying ONE pouch with each rifle.Just like Century removed all the oil bottles and cleaning kits from the brand new in the crates Polish M44 Carbines back in 1984.Another classic case of MILSURP GREED in the importers REMOVING the bayonets and tool rolls from all the SVT-40's and selling them at ludicrous prices seperately.

Nobody minds a decent profit but these guys are just TOO GREEDY for words.

Just look at how the Canadian Govt lets the OIL COMPANIES screw us with the current pump price of fuel.It takes roughly NINETY DAYS for a drop of crude at the wellhead to get to the retail pump..YET we see big oil jacking their prices a nanosecond after some New York commodities dealer whispers a new BS rumour that some guy in Saudi Far*ed and they price MUST jump by 5 bucks a barrel.it is all nothing but GREED yet our Govt just wring their hands and say'we can't DO ANYTHING about it".BS says me ! Nationalize ALL
    Canadian crude oil sources and get the foreigners OUT of controlling our natural resources.Canada is one of the STUPIDEST countries on EARTH for ever having permitted FOREIGNERS to take over our patrimony.We need to take it ALL BACK and stop our getting screwed by foreign oil companies and seeing their literally OBSCENE profits going to New York commodities speculators and Oil Companies.How dumb we truly ARE to permit this sorry state of affairs...
    Going to have to agree with previous posts. Someone definitely pissed in your corn flakes.
    Pre-64's tend to be older. - Yidava 25

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan231 View Post
    Going to have to agree with previous posts. Someone definitely pissed in your corn flakes.
    I DETEST Corn Flakes and prefer Guid Scots PORRIDGE the breakfast of REAL MEN!

Nonetheless; I deal in REALITY and why don't you rebutt my assertions with some FACTS instead of making with the"pithy" comments.

Are you capable of RATIONAL THOUGHT or not?

CGN frequent flyer
    Calm people.. wuuuusahhhhhh.

Speculation is rampant and facts are few.

Relax?

All these posts about "I'll take one..two...crates" just clutter the thread. We know everybody wants one.

Let's just wait for some facts / info

BANNED
    I DETEST Corn Flakes and prefer Guid Scots PORRIDGE the breakfast of REAL MEN!

Nonetheless; I deal in REALITY and why don't you rebutt my assertions with some FACTS instead of making with the"pithy" comments.

Are you capable of RATIONAL THOUGHT or not?
    You just think that is "porridge" its actually corn flakes and piss

CGN Regular
    [QUOTE=John R.;5486056]NOBODY did !!

I am being realistic is all.I installed the bolts and checked headspace in ALL the Danish Garands that Alan Lever imported in 1998-1999.I creamed off about 35 or so and still have them ALL too.

I took a brand new 5 mil SA receiver and breeched up a U.S.Navy purpose built 7.62x51mm NATO match barrel and added all brand new SA post WWII parts to get a nice 7.62mm rifle in addition to my 3 brand new UNissued Breda Garands and the WIN-13's and 3 and 4 digit rifles and all the rest and called it good !

Hi John

I'd like to take this oportunity to introduce you to Jacob. He's a delightful 3 and a half year old boy that likes Batman, Transformers and M1 Garands. He looks a little wistful in this pic below as he was just looking at an M1 Garand in the CFB Gagetown museum, and he doesn't own one. His dad has 2 but they're just boring run of the mill SA rifles. He also doesn't have any God parents... I have it on good authority he's not all that attached to the name Jacob. John starts with the letter J as well, it couldn't be that hard to retrain him:D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    Sheesh...All the Korean M1 Carbines are MILITARY ISSUE with STANDARD LENGTH(i.e., RESTRICTED) barrels.

NO MILITARY ISSUE CARBINE HAS A LONGER THAN NORMAL BARREL SO ALL of them will DEFINITELY BE RESTRICTED How did you conclude that these would NOT be anything BUT restricted ?
    i didn't conclude anything i was asking a question .

who knows what changes have been made to these rifles in the last 1/2 century .

and like the other guys have mentioned , stop being a ###### .

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112