Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Korean Garands?

1 of each

Is there a waiting list or first come first serve when and if they come in?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Sorry, if my question sounds ignorant, but what caliber are they .30-06 or .308?
    http://tinyurl.com/5w262fm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pocketfisherman's Avatar
    Not sure, if they are coming from Europe some may be .308

I think these must be coming from Europe not Korea. The US has the Korean rifles on lockdown until they figure out how to handle it. It may take until Obama losses (if) the next election down there.

If they are Italian garands (most likely) will still pick one or two up.

Cheers
    CSSA member, free thinker, Garand and 1911 nut

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Hmmmmm. This interests me.

I'd be down for a Garand anytime!

CTVSP

Korean Garands and M1 Carbines

Chances of those rifles EVER making it to Canada and getting past all the LIEBERAL HIRED SNIVEL SERVANTS at Foreign Affairs Canada are about zip minus.
    First of all the Kimchees will sell off the JUNQUERS first for the $225 and NOT the Post WWII rebuilds in the sealed drums.

Secondly the Colonel with the"IN" wants his FIFTEEN PERCENT commission(that's on TOP of the Gummint's $225 sportsfans) UP FRONT before you even get to SEE the rifles let alone BUY any.

Thirdly the NORMAL profit margin importers work on is UPWARDS of 200 pct and that's at WHOLESALE level so...

Fourthly add it all UP and you'll see WHOLESALE prices of $517.50 TAXES NOT IN.

So PUHLEEZE don't get all fired up here.Admittedly the Koreans DO OWN the rifles outright but their military are probably the second crookedest in Asia after the Armed Forces of the Philippines who are ALSO sitting on the better part of half a MILLION Garands too(I have SEEN them up close and personal).By the time every general gets his end you'll be seeing those Garands retailing at WELL OVER $1K a pop.

Everyone here seems to want to jump on the bandwagon saying"I'll take one or two" or whatever but all those LIEBERAL HIRED ANTI-GUN SNIVEL SERVANTS in Ottawa will do ALL they can to see that those rifles go NOWHERE FAST.Then the scum at the Chiefs of Police Assn will start howling that they are"ASSAULT RIFLES" and shouldn't be allowed in and on and on and on ad infinitum.We ALREADY saw how they lied and lied and lied about the Long Gun Registry all in honour of keeping retired cops in double dipping pension positions.

Truth and honesty is an UNKOWN concept to these politicized SOB's.It's all about POWER and they will lie cheat and steal to get MORE.This being the case do NOT hold your breath waiting for these Garands and Carbines to materialize be they Korean kimchee flavoured ones or Italiano a la Putanesca.
    I just do NOT see it happening and that's a fact.

I can see what few importers are left rolling their eyes hoping for grotesque PROFITS without a doubt but having seen the Koreans up close and personal and same again with the Camp Aguinaldo Mafia in Manila I do NOT see this "pie in the sky" Garands from heaven going down.Let's see if I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    (SNIP).
    Christ... Who pissed in your Cornflakes?

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    Chances of those rifles EVER making it to Canada and getting past all the LIEBERAL HIRED SNIVEL SERVANTS at Foreign Affairs Canada are about zip minus.
    First of all the Kimchees will sell off the JUNQUERS first for the $225 and NOT the Post WWII rebuilds in the sealed drums.

Secondly the Colonel with the"IN" wants his FIFTEEN PERCENT commission(that's on TOP of the Gummint's $225 sportsfans) UP FRONT before you even get to SEE the rifles let alone BUY any.

Thirdly the NORMAL profit margin importers work on is UPWARDS of 200 pct and that's at WHOLESALE level so...

Fourthly add it all UP and you'll see WHOLESALE prices of $517.50 TAXES NOT IN.

So PUHLEEZE don't get all fired up here.Admittedly the Koreans DO OWN the rifles outright but their military are probably the second crookedest in Asia after the Armed Forces of the Philippines who are ALSO sitting on the better part of half a MILLION Garands too(I have SEEN them up close and personal).By the time every general gets his end you'll be seeing those Garands retailing at WELL OVER $1K a pop.

Everyone here seems to want to jump on the bandwagon saying"I'll take one or two" or whatever but all those LIEBERAL HIRED ANTI-GUN SNIVEL SERVANTS in Ottawa will do ALL they can to see that those rifles go NOWHERE FAST.Then the scum at the Chiefs of Police Assn will start howling that they are"ASSAULT RIFLES" and shouldn't be allowed in and on and on and on ad infinitum.We ALREADY saw how they lied and lied and lied about the Long Gun Registry all in honour of keeping retired cops in double dipping pension positions.

Truth and honesty is an UNKOWN concept to these politicized SOB's.It's all about POWER and they will lie cheat and steal to get MORE.This being the case do NOT hold your breath waiting for these Garands and Carbines to materialize be they Korean kimchee flavoured ones or Italiano a la Putanesca.
    I just do NOT see it happening and that's a fact.

I can see what few importers are left rolling their eyes hoping for grotesque PROFITS without a doubt but having seen the Koreans up close and personal and same again with the Camp Aguinaldo Mafia in Manila I do NOT see this "pie in the sky" Garands from heaven going down.Let's see if I am right.
    So what you are saying is you want to be on the waiting list for two? If they do come in they will be european probaly and not from south korea.
    "The dildo of consequence rarely arrives lubed"

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." Diderot

So since we are all dreaming of winning the M1 Garand Loto. Which manufacturer do you figure we are gonna end up with?

Which rifle do you think represents the best Garand.

According to Wikipedia :

Following the outbreak of World War II in Europe, Winchester was awarded an "educational" production contract for 65,000 rifles,[7] with deliveries beginning in 1943.[7] The British Army tested the M1 as a possible replacement for its bolt-action Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk III, but rejected it.[18][19]

John Garand points out features of the M1 to Army Generals.The M1's semiautomatic operation gave United States forces a significant advantage in firepower and shot-to-shot recovery time over individual enemy infantrymen in battle (German, Italian, and Japanese soldiers were usually armed with bolt-action rifles).[20] General George S. Patton called it "the greatest implement of battle ever devised."[21] The impact of faster-firing infantry small arms in general soon stimulated both Allied and Axis forces to greatly augment issue of semi- and fully-automatic firearms then in production, as well as to develop new types of infantry firearms.[22]

Much of the M1 inventory in the post-World War II period underwent arsenal repair or rebuilding. While U.S. forces were still engaged in the Korean War, the Department of Defense determined a need for additional production of the Garand, and two new contracts were awarded. During 1953-56, M1s were produced by International Harvester and Harrington & Richardson.[23] A final, very small lot of M1s was produced by Springfield Armory in early 1957, using finished components already on hand. Beretta also produced Garands using Winchester tooling.

The M1 proved an excellent rifle throughout its service in World War II and the Korean War. Surplus M1 rifles also armed many nations allied to the USA postwar, including West Germany, Italy and Japan. Some Garands were still being used in the Vietnam War in 1963; despite the M14's official adoption in 1957, it was not until 1965 the changeover from the M1 Garand was completed in the active-duty component of the Army (with the exception of the sniper variants, which were introduced in World War II and saw action in Korea and Vietnam). In other components of the armed forces, such as the Army Reserve, Army National Guard and the Navy, Garands continued to serve into the 1970s or longer.

Just came back from Granby shooting club and one of the members just had tried for the first time his new (new to him) Springfield Armory Garand and boy was I envious.

So all this to say "me too I want one bcz I love : bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,Pling !"

BTW : Did you know that John Garand was Canadian and that the price to produce a Garand in 1937 or so was 85$ for WWII and there was 6 million of so produced

So good luck to all of us