Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oshawa Skeet & Gun Club?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    I'm i reading that marksman club member rates correct. Just south of 800.00 bucks to start out?!?
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    I'm i reading that marksman club member rates correct. Just south of 800.00 bucks to start out?!?
    Hey padawan,

The first year's membership is a little on the high side (650) but that includes the club course and initiation fee. I believe following years are sub 300. Things to keep in mind are, the range is 24/7 but it's mainly a pistol range (22 rifles are allowed). I believe there are plans for a rifle range in the future but i dont think construction has started yet. If you're interested in checking it out sometime let me know.

Sorry all for getting a little of topic. Shoot Safe.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Greg King

Quote Originally Posted by ceezed View Post
    Hey padawan,

The first year's membership is a little on the high side (650) but that includes the club course and initiation fee. I believe following years are sub 300. Things to keep in mind are, the range is 24/7 but it's mainly a pistol range (22 rifles are allowed). I believe there are plans for a rifle range in the future but i dont think construction has started yet. If you're interested in checking it out sometime let me know.

Sorry all for getting a little of topic. Shoot Safe.

Don't forget the 150.00 admin fee to process your app. 800.00
    Plus on top of that.....they say i have to wait until October to even take the "safety" course......Thought i just paid for two safety courses......ummmm. (this seems like quite the money grab)
    If clubs are really interested in having new people introduced into the sport.....this is the wrong way.

And yes, sorry to the OP for the thread hijack.

Murph83

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the help guys, would love to get into skeet and shoot at Oshawa, just no idea how to start with that sport

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, would love to get into skeet and shoot at Oshawa, just no idea how to start with that sport

Whatever you do do it fast as Oshawa is restricting memberships in September to allow the range to be used for members to sight in before hunting season.

Seriously, time to poop or get off the pot. I am a member at the OSGC and would not hesitate to recommend it. As a bonus, your wife and children get to shoot there on your membership.

Handgun, rifle and the best shotgun sports this side of the GTA, call Julie now!
    "Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity" Marshall McLuhan, U of T.
    Yo Wendy, have you heard of McLuhan over at Ryerson?; or was that you he was refering to?
    يكون هناك
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    I don't think it is that much but call or email the president to clarify the total cost. I joined as a member with an ATT frm another club and don't remember it being that much.
    "Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity" Marshall McLuhan, U of T.
    Yo Wendy, have you heard of McLuhan over at Ryerson?; or was that you he was refering to?
    يكون هناك
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by tenexx View Post
    I don't think it is that much but call or email the president to clarify the total cost. I joined as a member with an ATT frm another club and don't remember it being that much.
    Sent you a PM

Murph83

Can total newbies use this range? As in, do they rent firearms and do you need a license?

I've never shot a gun before. I live in Whitby and Oshawa would be preferable, but we would be willing to go elsewhere if anyone knows of anywhere that rents. My sis and I want to learn how to shoot, but don't know anyone with guns or a license

Quote Originally Posted by capitalistscum View Post
    Can total newbies use this range? As in, do they rent firearms and do you need a license?

I've never shot a gun before. I live in Whitby and Oshawa would be preferable, but we would be willing to go elsewhere if anyone knows of anywhere that rents. My sis and I want to learn how to shoot, but don't know anyone with guns or a license
    You can't rent any firearms at the oshawa club and I don't think you can rent any firearms anywhere in canada. In order to go to the oshawa skeet club you need to have a PAL. If you don't have a PAL you can go accompanied with a member who has to be within arms lenght and manipulate the firearm until you are ready to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalistscum View Post

It's a bit of a drive but you can find exactly what you're looking for at Target Sports Centre in Gormley. Google it. (BTW, it's NOT cheap )

Also, for a much longer drive, I believe you can do the same thing at Silverdale in the Niagara Region.
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast