Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: up date your web sight

Expired Business
    GLOCK 9x19;
    "I love how johnone thinks hes so important he has to type in bold."

I will not type my reply to uou in bold for fear of offending you.... The reason I have been doing this both here and on our site is because often the person sending me a note does not notice the reply and simply resends his/her e mail....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    like i said in the other thread on this topic just go to marstar and shop in person
    That would be a good trick!

Quote Originally Posted by king66 View Post
    you got to up date your web sight. Don't promise or show crap you don't have.
    You have to update your website.

There. I fixed it for you.

Expired Business
    SIERRA6POINT5;
    "You know, if Marstar really does supply 95% of the Canadian market then that actually is a monopoly whether it's capitilized on or not.
    While it is true that we supply 95% of the 7.62x39 market that does not apply to other products, I wish it did....

"Why is this? Is it the financial investment required that keeps anyone else from becoming an importer?"
    There are a variety of reasons that people stay away from importing.
    It is a specialty area of operations for a start....
    I am not saying it can't be done BUT you have to remember that I have been operating in Eastern Europe since 1984, long before the wall came down.

Even before that I had many contacts throughout the intelligence community in that part of the world, I have spent a great deal of my time establishing and nuturing personal contacts, this does not happen overnight.

Since 1984 I have crossed the Atlantic close to two hundred times coming and going to oversee the various projects we had on the go in the Former Yugoalvia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Norway, Sweden, England, Central and South America, North Africa, The Middle East,just to name a few.... ALL of these required a heavy investment in time and money

And yes it requires a hell of a lot of capital to buy and move surplus....
    I hope I have replied to your questions.
    John

Dealers whom have a lower customer base will have a lower turnaround time on product. Business 101. Marstar is the "source" so of course they run out faster than any other dealer. They also have better prices than most if not all other dealers (the other dealers with lower prices are generally trying to cut their losses by selling stale inventory at cost).

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    Funny how some of these lesser players have M14s in stock....
    Hell I used to do that sort of thing for a coin/collectible dealer, I'd do the "work" for free (ok maybe not "free" in the classic sense, more like a rifle a year sort of thing, yearly token appreciation gestion sort of thing). It takes about an hour a day for somebody whom knows what they are doing.

I terminated my "association" with said coin/collectible dealer once he called me in the middle of the night screaming and hollering that his website was down, and tried to blame me for it. Turned out that his cheap webspace provider was down for maintenance for a few hours. AFAIK Marstar doesn't use cheap webspace providers.

Quote Originally Posted by thebioplanet View Post
    Its not that expensive to have an dynamically updated inventory I know i do that for living, if you look hard enough youll find one willing to do it for the price of a TRG-42 (me) lol But anyhow im betting your getting way more email because of that and it cost you more than you think to have a hard browse out of date website....

By the way its a forum, we all voice our opinions so I suggest we all chill out ;-)
    Some people just have to learn about business the hard way...

why bother working for someone else if you do....you know so much about business open one you'll get rich because you know what to stock and you can get it in record time....in no time you will be the toast of the business world
    Marstar has a well-established customer base. The odd website inaccuracy is not by intent, but purely accidental. Regular customers understand that. Could they squeeze an extra 1-2% profit by hiring a full-time website guy ?
    Perhaps, but by the time you factor in the guy's salary and benefits and such you end up at a loss.

i would think that an online business would make sure its web site is up to date. as it is your bread and butter cost of not doing so should out weight the cost of doing so. email filters should be disabled so they are not lost to the junk file. sort of like having a store front clean it and update it every day otherwise motivated buyers may not stop and shop
    Have you tried the old-school telephone ?
    Probably not ...

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I guess since you know so much about web design, you will be helping John with his web site and become the toast of the internet. Or you could just drop by in person to shop. Wait, they are sold out of everything. And you can't shop in person. Oh well.
    Marstar isn't a "monopoly" on anything by any stretch of the imagination ... Business is all about numbers however ....

Quote Originally Posted by voere270 View Post
    John,

You're not hurting my feelings, I've been called worse by better people.

What you really meant to say was, "I don't care, I'm a monopoly."

Good luck with your business.
    Good to hear you plan on living for a good long time from now ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    I have been around this game too long, over the next short time the new administration will be taking over....

Of course I will drop in from time to time to discuss issues with the friendly folks on CGN

As for those who only want to have confrontations, well they will have to find someone else....

John
    Well said, the "pick and pack" situation can be solved rather quickly. That being said, Marstar is the only dealer I ever bought new firearms from. These guys are as honest as firearm dealers get.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    This thread is really taking a turn for the worse. I once asked how many current members there are on CGN. I did not get a straight answer but apparently it is in the tens of thousands. So John, do the math. There are less than a handful of disgruntled customers. For various reasons, they are unhappy and have a bone to pick. I think this is phenomenal for a business that does so many transactions, regardless of the business' shortcomings. Do not let the negative comments about your business get confused with personal attacks. It might be hard to separate the two but there is a big difference. As Canadian consumers, we are frustrated that we cannot readily purchase all the goodies available to our U.S. neighbors. So close yet so far. So, please don't tease us with items to buy until they are actually on site and ready to purchase. Secondly, please find a way to update your website more often. These seem to be the biggest gripes. The other problems such as shipping errors etc. are then going to to be the only problems left for us to whine about. Simple right?
    They very much care about everyone here, as potential customers ... The business depends on it.

Quote Originally Posted by primus1 View Post
    I'm not sure about abuse and resentment, I would call it constructive criticism. Marstar is here to make money, they don't give a damn for anyone here. You people are customers and nothing more.
    Pretty much..... No other dealer has the time, or speculation money kicking around to even try to bring new products to the Canadian market.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra6point5 View Post
    You know, if Marstar really does supply 95% of the Canadian market then that actually is a monopoly whether it's capitilized on or not. Why is this? Is it the financial investment required that keeps anyone else from becoming an importer?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSmith View Post

Have you tried the old-school telephone ?
    Probably not ...
    this thread is about a web site being up to date. it is an online store your web site and email should be up to date and working. sure a phone will work why bother with the site just make a page with a phone number no updates necessary no lost emails...instant improvement on the bottom line

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Since 1984 I have crossed the Atlantic close to two hundred times coming and going to oversee the various projects we had on the go in the Former Yugoalvia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Norway, Sweden, England, Central and South America, North Africa, The Middle East,just to name a few.... ALL of these required a heavy investment in time and money
    All this criticism aside, you HAVE to write that book.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

That is one solution.

this thread is about a web site being up to date. it is an online store your web site and email should be up to date and working. sure a phone will work why bother with the site just make a page with a phone number no updates necessary no lost emails...instant improvement on the bottom line

Expired Business
    ROB SMITH;

Yes we have a full time web master on staff, there are 2000 pages on our site....

Yes there are products to sell, there is the reff library, manuals, technical data, etc, etc....

Like I said we are working on it as we speak, my only fear is that once it's "fixed" and everybody is happy, who will they attach next ?

Thanks for your understanding Robert
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    All this criticism aside, you HAVE to write that book.
    Better yet, come over for the BBQ. I'll provide the beef and the scotch, but John supplies the entertainment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast