Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about the AMA range in Halifax

Thumbs down

I would NEVER recommend AMA; The schedule is NON existent; especially if you want to fire pistol...The closed-minded mentality that exists at the top is very prohibitive.

If you haven't been to the website, please check it out. Full disclosure: I'm the web master.

Like any volunteer organization, we rely on people taking time from their schedule to help run things. Different ROs do things differently, that's human nature. Some are better than others. If you don't like how it is being run, you step up and pitch in to help.

AMA has the best variety of facilities and types of shooting in Nova Scotia. No you do not get a key to the range to shoot anytime you want to, just by being a member. Some clubs work that way. We do not. You are free to join any club if choose.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

Hey guys!

I just moved to Halifax and got my first restricted ppk and am itching to join a club. What do you guys suggest? I'm just near the rotary on the bay road and I have wheels to get around!

Cheers,

Tony

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdmx2 View Post
    Well I can only tell you about the mvrrc, am a member there.

I like it and I think that it is a dandy little club. There are several different ranges there and I have yet to come accross any infighting. If you want to shoot paper and be competitive you can if you want to shoot falling plates you can. It is open 12 months a year and does have indoor shooting positions but out side targets . The membership is very cheap compared to other clubs around Halifax. Usually there is some buddy shooting on one range all day on the weekends. Feel free to drop by and have a look at the place and decide from there.

Take care and keep them in the x ring (x) lol

Tdmx2
    I am a member there too and I
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Quote Originally Posted by tysonic View Post
    I would NEVER recommend AMA; The schedule is NON existent; especially if you want to fire pistol...The closed-minded mentality that exists at the top is very prohibitive.
    If unlimited access is important there is Hnatiuk’s Gun Rang in Lantz.
    Unlimited access, with conditions, and $820.00 / year membership.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There is also the NSRA (Nova Scotia Rifle Association). There is a variety of different clubs within the Association. The facilities include a 800m range, 100m range and 50m range. Membership is 290$ for the first 4 years and 90$ after that (so if it is a long term plan this one might work out the best cost wise).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12