Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John- any word on an 1887 clone? Thanks!

Expired Business
    BOOGIEMAN;
    "Good luck in getting a reply> I ordered 5 guns from him in the middle of december and still have not had a reply."

First of all we value ALL customers, if you do not get a confirmation of your order within 24-48 hours vall or e mail.... Don't wait three months....

Second, please e mail me john@marstar.ca with your name and the approximate date the you sent in your order so I can review the matter, I can't check "boogieman" in the data base.

"On looking on his website I see he has sold some of what I ordered to others."
    Not certain I understand, how can you tell who we sold to by visiting our site ??

I look forward to hearing from you
    John

Expired Business
    DACTON;
    "nobodies got a shipment in awhile,"
    Please understand that Marstar is the major importer in Canada, we sell Norinco products to most of the dealers, when we run out, they run out....

In 2010 we lost almost 6 months because of shipping interdictions in the Guanzou area because of major sporting events....
    Our transit permit ran out, sea-going bookings cancelled, etc, etc....

Many products were ordered over a year ago, such as the 1911a1 government (Parkerized), we have just been notified they are ready, Frank will be checking them out next week while in China, then we ship....

It should be clear that these factories do NOT inventory, they manufacture as needed.... We place an order, they schedule it and then produce it, this can take months....
    John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    Re the 1887 shotguns,
    We have been back ordered from the factory for over a year....

John
    Thanks John- will keep an eye on the site for an update. Wish there was, if not a pre-order list, an interested-parties list.

Thanks again.

Yeah thanks John for the detailed response!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    Thanks John- will keep an eye on the site for an update. Wish there was, if not a pre-order list, an interested-parties list.

Thanks again.
    shrug. what can we do? at the mercy of Norinco aka the Chinese govt.

hmm... as opposed to the mercy of the AMERICAN govt for other items....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mg4201's Avatar

I would like one too

a lever action shotgun has been on my want list for a while. any news
    It is better to live one day as a lion, and die than to live one thousand years as a lamb.

CGN frequent flyer Killer Kanuck's Avatar
    I see Lever Arms has some in stock - is it safe to assume you should be expecting some in soon John?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Kanuck View Post
    I see Lever Arms has some in stock - is it safe to assume you should be expecting some in soon John?
    LOL
    How do you come to that conclusion
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    It should be clear that these factories do NOT inventory, they manufacture as needed.... We place an order, they schedule it and then produce it, this can take months....
    John
    ...gotta tell ya, I like getting these little tidbits as to how it works in the biz.

Good luck to all getting your newest toy! And making the sale.

bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

I used to work for a manufacturing company in Asia in sales capacity to Europe.

Considering the cost of materials, overhead, and the nature the product, it is normal not to keep inventory. Besides, most buyer would not pay right away. Considering the matter of Canadian law and RCMP, when the shipment of T97 was seized, would Norinco get the money within timely schedule, etc. A lot of factors come into play, folks. It is good to wait for now.

John, if you need someone to go to China again, let me know. hehehe.:-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast