Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 8 Bore Safari

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    I'm going to throw out 50 grand as a number.

Over/under?
    Shipping included?
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

Nope, shipping excluded.

Pickup local (with a flatbed)

Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post
    wow! great pics! I can only wish someday ill have the cash for a safari.

John, how are you going to top that elephant on future trips?
    Probable a tusk-less cow hunt, I am told that it can get very exciting. Although I am concerned that my PH’s may intend to keep me on a leash after the last hunt as they strongly object (very wisely) to me rapidly closing in on wounded animals to finish them off quickly at point blank ranges.

BANNED
    Nice!!! I didn't know you could hunt with an anti-tank gun:P

BANNED
    Legally hunted ivory with the correct permits can be imported into Canada. A CITES (Convention In Trading Endanger Species) permit is a "must" then there is no problem. Elephants are not an endangered species, in some areas the population is way too high and if the numbers are not reduced serious habitat destruction will take place. What is not generally understood is that when this habitat is destroyed, other species suffer seriously long before it effects the Elephant. The number of Ellie that can be harvested each year is strictly controlled. Over 70% of the money I paid will go directly into the local community.
    Thank you for the insight John. Being an environmentalist and horticulturist, I know how much destruction a large concentration of herbivores can cause to an area. I see nothing wrong at all with selective hunting, and the money paid will benefit all of the local people and ecology.

I appreciate you sharing your hunt with us! Congratulations. When you have your trophies mounted, I'm sure we'd all like to see some pictures.

Yours,
    Drachenblut
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted for stupidity of content.
    Last edited by Kveldulf; 03-19-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Papaclaude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flashG View Post
    Im a hunter..... but killing an elephant????......really????? ......really????
    In many areas of Africa and Asia, many rarer species of animals are now in less danger now that they are being legally hunted. The reason? They now have more value alive than dead. For many areas and villages, a single hunting safari will generate a lot more money than years of agriculture. Therefore, the native population is less likely to poach and kill them. Of course, the anti-hunting groups will never admit to this.
    It's important to have a good vocabulary. If I had known the difference between the words 'antidote' and 'anecdote,' one of my good friends would still be alive.

CGN Regular
    That's pretty awesome. I'd like to merely try firing the 8 bore, let alone hunting African game with it..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    Those are some big animals. I dont know much about big-game hunting. What did you shoot them with ammunition wise?
    Read the entire thread, he explains his ammunition and firearm in great detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Probable a tusk-less cow hunt, I am told that it can get very exciting. Although I am concerned that my PH’s may intend to keep me on a leash after the last hunt as they strongly object (very wisely) to me rapidly closing in on wounded animals to finish them off quickly at point blank ranges.
    must have been an adventure for sure.