Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List your prices please

List your prices please

I don't know how many times I quickly click on a link in EE, when I see a headline, with the type of gun that I am looking to purchase, which is why I clicked on the link, to find out information on the model that I am interested in. Once I find the particular model of firearm that I am looking to purchase, the next important thing to everyone is the price, but you guys don't list your prices, causing me and probably countless other people to just press back, and then keep on looking at other add, and completely forgeting the Prophet River adds on EE.

Usually the first thing that pops in to my head when I don't see someone advertising a price, but they have a "call for pricing" is one of three reasons. The first reason is, they don't have it in stock and in this case, your usually looking at a unspecified amount of time, to wait for the firearm, which causes me to shop elsewhere. The second reason is, the prices are'nt competetive and thats why they are'nt listed, and obviously that is'nt going to convince someone to buy from you either. The third reason is, they are too lazy to look up the prices for each model that they have listed, and if this is the case, I'm not going out of my way to call up a place, if they are the ones who are being lazy by not listing the price.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but you guys seriously need to list your prices. People like me are'nt going to waste there time by calling up a gun shop to find out the prices of a specific gun when they can just click on one of the many other gun shops adds, or another add on EE that has the price listed.

Now please forgive me if my posting has sounded rude, because it was'nt meant to be, it was meant to give some constructive criticism, and give a little bit of insight, that will actually help your business in selling more firearms, and to stop annoying guys like me that click on one of your adds in EE, to look at a firearm that is of some interest, only to find out that the most important part of the information, on that particular firearm is not listed....The Price ?

Contributing Dealer SakoAlberta's Avatar
    Yes, I agree. We just hired a guy full time the first of Feb to do all our CGN adds and the website. He has been working very hard to get everything updated and there are several guns he is waiting to get prices for from me. We just need to find time to work together and time has been hard to come by
    Rest assured , it is our intent to get pricing on all items ASAP and to keep everything updated within hours of new stock or sales. Thanks for your post.
    Clay
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    5012 50th Ave, Lloydminster, AB T9V 0W7

couldnt agree more flash
    not with prophet river but in past experience usually the prices arent competitive

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar

Prices online

I would agree with this. Now that we have access to the Internet, we can look at several websites to see what is available. We are no longer limited to an advertisement in a monthly Gun related newspaper or magazine.

Many of the Advertisers here have realized that they now have a Canada wide base of buyers, and have made available the information on their websites.

It is a matter of convenience to the Buyer. If it is easy to access the information on the product the Buyer wishes to purchase, then there is a good chance the Buyer will order the item. If it takes a lot of searching then it is simply easier (and less frustrating) to go somewhere else.

In today's competitive world, PRICE is a big factor. The Seller who puts his prices in his website, where they are easy to find, is well ahead of one who does not post prices.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by blueflash View Post
    I don't know how many times I quickly click on a link in EE, when I see a headline, with the type of gun that I am looking to purchase, which is why I clicked on the link, to find out information on the model that I am interested in. Once I find the particular model of firearm that I am looking to purchase, the next important thing to everyone is the price, but you guys don't list your prices, causing me and probably countless other people to just press back, and then keep on looking at other add, and completely forgeting the Prophet River adds on EE.

Usually the first thing that pops in to my head when I don't see someone advertising a price, but they have a "call for pricing" is one of three reasons. The first reason is, they don't have it in stock and in this case, your usually looking at a unspecified amount of time, to wait for the firearm, which causes me to shop elsewhere. The second reason is, the prices are'nt competetive and thats why they are'nt listed, and obviously that is'nt going to convince someone to buy from you either. The third reason is, they are too lazy to look up the prices for each model that they have listed, and if this is the case, I'm not going out of my way to call up a place, if they are the ones who are being lazy by not listing the price.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but you guys seriously need to list your prices. People like me are'nt going to waste there time by calling up a gun shop to find out the prices of a specific gun when they can just click on one of the many other gun shops adds, or another add on EE that has the price listed.

Now please forgive me if my posting has sounded rude, because it was'nt meant to be, it was meant to give some constructive criticism, and give a little bit of insight, that will actually help your business in selling more firearms, and to stop annoying guys like me that click on one of your adds in EE, to look at a firearm that is of some interest, only to find out that the most important part of the information, on that particular firearm is not listed....The Price ?
    While I agree with the general message behind this post, I have to say that I do not find this to be the case with Prophet River and their EE posts. The vast majority of the firearms and accessories they list on the EE are priced.

Their website (though I haven't checked it in a while...) has some room for improvement with respect to pricing etc. but it is a new work in progress. If this is the worst thing to complain about with respect to Prophet River Firearms, I'd say we have a pretty good thing going...I for one have the utmost appreciation and respect for Clay and his people for their outstanding contribution to our hobby/lifestyle.

Clay and staff at Prophet River- excellent work, keep it up!

Simple..... EE rules require price to be listed... No excuse for not following a basic rule

I agree.. If i don't see a price i immediately press Back i don't even continue with the AD!.

First thing I look for is a price, no price, no reason to read any further. Click the back button.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OldRanger's Avatar
    Is "call for pricing" another way of saying, it's not instock but I can get it for you?

Contributing Dealer SakoAlberta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRanger View Post
    Is "call for pricing" another way of saying, it's not instock but I can get it for you?
    No, if on the site its in stock. The web guy (Ed) just needs to get pricing from me. He's working as fast as possible. Should be , within a few hours, be updated with prices in the next few days.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    5012 50th Ave, Lloydminster, AB T9V 0W7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast