Thread: 8 Bore Double Rifle.

8 Bore Double Rifle.

8 Bore Double Rifle. Rogers Rock & Co. Black Powder, 8 Bore x 3 ½ inch chamber. Weight 16.2 lb, barrel 26 inch. Jones patent rotary-underlever, carved percussion fences, non-rebounding back-action locks, border engraving. 15 7/8 LOP, sling eyes. Broad full rib with one fixed and two folding leaves. New ivory bead front sight. Complete with custom dies and 10 new, unused brass cases. Card and filler wads. I have reloading data for this rifle, she shoots extremely well.

Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 12-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Scary this may be Prohibited....

Any firearm with a bore diameter of 20 mm or greater — other than one designed exclusively for the purpose of neutralizing explosive devices

Section 84 of the criminal code defines antique FIREARMS

They are referred to as “ Antique firearms” I believe could be in danger with a “liberal interpretation”

Very Rare, Valuable extremely collectable... and thanks to Canada’s democratic process may be ‘’Prohibited’
    8 bore, ( is a . 835 in (21.2 mm))
    As the Criminal code section 84 defines Antiques as Firearms it may fit into this prohibited Firearms category.

Absolutely Shocking and nonsensical.

Sadly she was sold a long time ago. What about my Manton? and I have taken her on several African Safries, what a #### show! Total incompentance.

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Well so much for my freinds 4 bore rifle.. would have been fun to fire a massive round ball... giggles.... BUT..

LETS BLACK FACE IT... THIS WILL HELP Cross BOARDER SMUGGLING AND FIREARM CRIME....JT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Who cares. If the rifle or shotgun is not named by name specifically in the list, then you just plead ignorance. RCMP don't carry feeler gauges while in the field...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Although I am no lawyer, antiques are specifically considered to be excluded under the definition of a 'firearm' according to the Act and therefore would not be affected by the OIC.
    "A Conservative Government recognizes the legitimacy of private ownership of firearms and will resist any domestic or international pressure to the contrary." Resolution 202

84(3) in part:

• For the purposes of (CC) sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of this Act and the provisions of the Firearms Act, the following weapons are deemed not to be firearms:

a[ any antique firearm.

it unfortunately does not specify an OIC.

criminal code;

84(1) definition uses the words, “any firearm manufactured before 1898.”

CC s. 2 defines “firearm” as “a barreled weapon…and includes and frame or receiver of such a barreled weapon.

antique firearm” is still a “firearm” for the purposes of all sections of the Criminal Code other thanthose listed above.

Unfortunately with a ’’ liberal’’ interpretation. We may have issues.

im not a lawyer but I did go over this with a business partner that is a lawyer and his reply was ‘’ this is the BS we unfortunately have to deal with’’

this is just more proof our firearms legislation is very defective and confusing.

Great advice to land your ass in jail dude !
    Resist the Empire.

Certain weapons deemed not to be firearms
    (3) For the purposes of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of this Act and the provisions of the Firearms Act, the following weapons are deemed not to be firearms:

• (a) any antique firearm;
    • (b) any device that is

• (i) designed exclusively for signalling, for notifying of distress, for firing blank cartridges or for firing stud cartridges, explosive-driven rivets or other industrial projectiles, and
      • (ii) intended by the person in possession of it to be used exclusively for the purpose for which it is designed;

How many of the 37mm launchers are designed for signaling and are now “prohibited”

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BYv...J4X4I_ppheZBCQ

Penn Arms SL6.

frt cc 2 and 84 (3) exemption

NoW

Prohibited FIREARM??