Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professional Grade Batons in stock

Cool, no more bringing them back from the states... Um I mean no more wishing I could bring the back
    I do not really believe that they really believe what they say they believe- Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by andrew870 View Post
    what are the rules regarding carrying these?
    I'm guessing you'll carry it concealed, so that'd be "Carry Concealed Weapon" S 90 of the CC. Or... In most circumstances, you could also be charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, S 88. Although it has to be proven that you had the weapon for a dangerous purpose for conviction, it could very likely be up to you... and your very expensive lawyer... to hash that out in court.

Just sayin.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    I'm guessing you'll carry it concealed, so that'd be "Carry Concealed Weapon" S 90 of the CC. Or... In most circumstances, you could also be charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, S 88. Although it has to be proven that you had the weapon for a dangerous purpose for conviction, it could very likely be up to you... and your very expensive lawyer... to hash that out in court.

Just sayin.
    This is true, IF... Very big IF...

If, when stopped by Police, he admits to having it for the purpose of self-defense from people.

For any other reason, implied or intended, it's a collapsable rod or pole. For whatever purpose...

IE: "I have it for" - rumaging thru debris, defense from animals, backscratching, masochistic shoehorn, clearing limbs from trees, etc...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post

If, when stopped by Police, he admits to having it for the purpose of self-defense from people.

For any other reason, implied or intended, it's a collapsable rod or pole. For whatever purpose.

IE: "I have it for" - rumaging thru debris, defense from animals, backscratching, masochistic shoehorn, clearing limbs from trees, etc...
    * for legal advice, consult a lawyer...

Quote Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post

For any other reason, implied or intended, it's a collapsable rod or pole. For whatever purpose...

OFFICER: "Is that a baton I see on the passenger seat?"
    BATON OWNER: "No sir. Its a backscratcher. Its a collapsible pole I use for scratching my back, and sometimes I use it as a shoehorn."
    OFFICER: "Do I look like a retard?"
    BATON OWNER: "No sir"
    OFFICER: "Would you expect any reasonable person to believe that you possess that baton, the intended design and purpose of which I know to be as a striking weapon, for scratching your balls?"
    BATON OWNER: "Yes, because, I uh...duh.. heard on this internet forum that um..."
    OFFICER: "Step out of the vehicle sir, your under arrest for possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace"
    BATON OWNER: "But its a backscratcher!"
    OFFICER: "Tell it to the judge... "

CGN Regular
    They are illegal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindeyes View Post
    They are illegal.
    If you really believe yourself, quick run to a moderator and tell them about these 'illegal' items!
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeyes View Post
    They are illegal.
    A weapon is defined by intent. If your statement was true, swords, axes, etc. would be illegal as well... which they are not.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post

BATON OWNER: "Yes, because, I uh...duh.. heard on this internet forum that um..."
    There's where you went wrong. Besides insisting is was a backscratcher or shoehorn first, and not a tool or animal deterant...

Those things could be mentioined also, but I would claim those as it's primary use...

The whole idea is, it's not a weapon...

Greetings,

Don't really care about the batons, but your webpage itself is an abomination. It is awkward and cumbersome. Clicking on links after link after link to see one product. You really should have someone help you with layout and with ease of use. Good products mean nothing if the customer becomes frustrated looking for them. BTW, your survival gear page is nothing but chinese characters.

Matt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast