Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7.62 X 39 ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    They are not out of line at all. The dealer price on this ammo is not getting cheaper. The 308 surplus went the exact same road. At one time it was $300 per 1000 rounds of 308, then $640.00 per 1260 then boom, it disapeared all together. If you dont think it can happen to the Czech surplus ammo, stick around for a bit and see what will happen.
    I ####ing hope not!

CGN frequent flyer boltonscouter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    They are not out of line at all. The dealer price on this ammo is not getting cheaper. The 308 surplus went the exact same road. At one time it was $300 per 1000 rounds of 308, then $640.00 per 1260 then boom, it disapeared all together. If you dont think it can happen to the Czech surplus ammo, stick around for a bit and see what will happen.
    Go back a little further & same thing happened with 303 Brit! History will repeat itself unfortunately. Stack it high & dry boys! :D
    “ you didn't see anything !!!! ”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    #### that. I'll keep what I have but buy no more. Cost is pushing me out. When Marstar gets the Tok ammo I'll get it and be done with any more purchases of surplus ammunition.

Many dealers will price themselves out of business; well, my business at least. Americans have it better at one third the cost. They buy surplus at surplus prices and we buy surplus at inflated prices. I will buy components and reload. I'm getting out of surplus firearms and their ammunition.

CGN Regular
    Wolverine is still advertising as $189.00 for 1120 rounds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dinsdale's Avatar
    Anything under $200 is old stock.
    Any new surplus will be higher as the cost is up.

Sucks as there are Billions of Rounds in Eastern Europe that could come here but then who has the money and time to let it sit to bring it in?
    Director and IPSC Rep for Smiths Falls Fish and Game Club - www.sffgc.org
    IPSC Ontario - http://www.ipsc-ont.org/index.htm

CGN Regular
    Is this ammo fairly moisture proof in it's original packaging? For example, is a dry finished basement going to cause any long term corrosion?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeydealer View Post
    Is this ammo fairly moisture proof in it's original packaging? For example, is a dry finished basement going to cause any long term corrosion?
    Should be fine. The crates are sealed metal tins, and the loose stuff is now packed in sealed plastic bags of 10rds each/1 stripper clip(from what I've seen and received anyways).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456