Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: North Sylva information forum. Please read before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Seems a few posts have been deleted from this thread for some reason? With a zero trader rating and only 3 posts, why would posts be deleted from this thread. To my recollection, there were three posts that mentioned about people having visited the warehouse and show room of this company, nothing negative was said about them to my knowledge. I wonder how long it will be before this post is deleted. Very curious.
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Please also note that this is not a discussion forum. While we will be more than happy to answer any questions about products and availability, we ask that all discussions regarding products are best kept in their appropriate forums.
    =
    shhh... be like Hachiko.
    h ttp://otakujade.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/hachiko/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Seems a few posts have been deleted from this thread for some reason? With a zero trader rating and only 3 posts, why would posts be deleted from this thread. To my recollection, there were three posts that mentioned about people having visited the warehouse and show room of this company, nothing negative was said about them to my knowledge. I wonder how long it will be before this post is deleted. Very curious.
    This is because North Sylva is a distributor - like FN sports, Europeans Arms, Stoeger, ....etc, and they supply a lot of the products that are sold by dealers here at CGN.

The posts deleted are about people visiting their warehouse.....and those are really exceptional occurances rather than the norm.

They do not retail - they import and supply retailers. They do not open the door to walk-in visit. They simply do not want people to have the idea that they can walk into the office and see stuff, because they are literally a warehouse and an office attached to the front. Actually, they will not even open the door if they do not know who your are or why you are there. If you run a distributor/warehouse operation, you really do not want people start randomly knocking on your door!

It is great that they are here - because now everyone will get the real and accurate first hand information about when things are actually coming in - straight from the horsemouth and the people who actually import the guns.

So when people said things are coming in "in 2 weeks" - you know the real scoop because the importer is actually the one who knows when things will hit the shelf.
    Last edited by greentips; 04-05-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I ran into them a few years ago when that "shot show"
    was in Edmonton Alberta.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Question Which M&P SKU models are available?

While we will be more than happy to answer any questions about products and availability, we ask that all discussions regarding products are best kept in their appropriate forums.
    The S&W M&P has proven to be very popular. The only major reservation that I have about the M&P is the fact that most of the M&P pistols available in Canada are equipped with a magazine disconnect, while in the U.S., where the consumers in most states have the freedom to choose, most M&P pistols are sold without this "feature". Different retailers have informed me that North Sylva's M&P product selection is limited and weighed heavily toward models with magazine disconnectors. Is this true?

Why is the no-magazine disconnect M&P so hard to find in Canada?

Which M&P SKU numbers are actually available from North Sylva?

Will North Sylva import other models, including SKU models that have the marking "CAUTION: CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED", if they are ordered by a dealer?
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Greentips; your explanation as to what was going on re: the deleted posts is appreciated.
    bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The S&W M&P has proven to be very popular. The only major reservation that I have about the M&P is the fact that most of the M&P pistols available in Canada are equipped with a magazine disconnect, while in the U.S., where the consumers in most states have the freedom to choose, most M&P pistols are sold without this "feature". Different retailers have informed me that North Sylva's M&P product selection is limited and weighed heavily toward models with magazine disconnectors. Is this true?

Why is the no-magazine disconnect M&P so hard to find in Canada?

Which M&P SKU numbers are actually available from North Sylva?

Will North Sylva import other models, including SKU models that have the marking "CAUTION: CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED", if they are ordered by a dealer?
    Hi Wendell,

The problem with the M&P is the fact that there are many SKU numbers available from S&W but many of those are not legal in Canada. Sometimes due to barrel length or magazine capacity. Also some of those SKU's have certain options like night sights or some other features that we may not require because we already have other SKU's with similar options.

However the model's with the factory magazine disconnect can be modified at our facility by our S&W armourer to remove this feature from any M&P that has it. It can be ordered through your local dealer and is only a nominal fee to have the modification done. It won't have the warning on the side of the pistol, but will perform exactly the same.

To list every SKU of the M&P that we carry is a little time consuming due to the number that we carry. Your best option is to pick a SKU that your interested in and send us a PM. We would be happy to let you know if it's a model that we stock.

Thanks,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thank you for the reply.

Hi Wendell,

The problem with the M&P is the fact that there are many SKU numbers available from S&W but many of those are not legal in Canada. Sometimes due to barrel length or magazine capacity. Also some of those SKU's have certain options like night sights or some other features that we may not require because we already have other SKU's with similar options.

However the model's with the factory magazine disconnect can be modified at our facility by our S&W armourer to remove this feature from any M&P that has it. It can be ordered through your local dealer and is only a nominal fee to have the modification done. It won't have the warning on the side of the pistol, but will perform exactly the same.

To list every SKU of the M&P that we carry is a little time consuming due to the number that we carry. Your best option is to pick a SKU that your interested in and send us a PM. We would be happy to let you know if it's a model that we stock.

Thanks,
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Official French Facilitator lucky72's Avatar
    thanks for joining us.
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

Second Smith & Wesson M&P question, any word on when the M&P 22 might become available here?

It's dumbass posts like this that drive companies away from getting involved with forums

I've dealt with this company before with great results
    You can't teach common sense
    And you can't fix stupid!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast