Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: North Sylva information forum. Please read before posting

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorF View Post
    It's my understanding that IPSC allows it because although your modifying the safety, your emulating a gun that is allowed in production (The Julie Goloski edition)..so your not getting any advantage that the production Goloski doesn't have already. Any mod that comes from the factory is allowed.
    While there would be no advantage over the other version, I think if you were to inquire on the IPSC global village, you would find that the gun being modified to remove the magazine disconnect would remove it from production division. It would still be allowed in the other divisions, just not production. Of course, if you ordered the production version that didn't have the disconnect to begin with, then you would be fine in production division.

Most local matches would allow you in production division with the modification because they would never check your gun, but if you ever went to nationals or an international match you run the risk of being put in a different division than you intend to compete in.

I have to qualify all of this by saying, I am not an RO and I haven't made this specific inquiry on the global village. I have however seen other inquiries about modifications that didn't provide any advantage in shooting, i.e. making your glock pink instead of black, and these modifications were not allowed in production division.

m1 carbine

Hi I was wondering when you were getting in those auto ordnance M1 carbines

Found out the answer to my question, p.s this distributor is still around
    Last edited by dk2; 01-25-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I was wondering if there was any way to get info on what brands you distribute and to which retailers?

Every time I find a product on a manufactures website that I want, and then search their dealer listings for Canada, they always list distributors not retail dealers.

I realize this information would be hardly accurate as just because a retailer sells one item of a brand does not mean they sell their entire line but at least its a starting point to look for certain things.

................. Please delete. I'm not sure why we can't delete our own posts! Maybe I'm just to stupid to know how, lol.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 02-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.

I so want to know about the Smith and Wesson M&P .22, so much so that I am thinking of driving to the USA just to be able to measure the bbl and find out what the actual measurement is....

Quote Originally Posted by NoDanger View Post
    I so want to know about the Smith and Wesson M&P .22, so much so that I am thinking of driving to the USA just to be able to measure the bbl and find out what the actual measurement is....
    I'm not trying to be facetious but since you're on the interweb already have you thought of visiting smith-wesson.com?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...1_757781_image

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    I'm not trying to be facetious but since you're on the interweb already have you thought of visiting smith-wesson.com?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...1_757781_image

ah yes grasshopper I have gone on Smiths website and have seen the infamous 4.1", but people on CGN have mentioned that the way Americans measure bbl length is different and since S&W has not responded to my e-mail I see no other choice but to get my hands on one and see if I can measure it

Quote Originally Posted by NoDanger View Post
    ah yes grasshopper I have gone on Smiths website and have seen the infamous 4.1", but people on CGN have mentioned that the way Americans measure bbl length is different and since S&W has not responded to my e-mail I see no other choice but to get my hands on one and see if I can measure it
    Well that's news to me. I wasn't aware that Americans measure differently. Both my M&P's were measured correctly but they aren't .22's.

Let us know what you find out, you've piqued my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Well that's news to me. I wasn't aware that Americans measure differently. Both my M&P's were measured correctly but they aren't .22's.

Let us know what you find out, you've piqued my interest.
    I shall