Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: North Sylva information forum. Please read before posting

Quote Originally Posted by p38 View Post
    Jericho 941 40 s/w Mags when do you expect to have stock to send to Al Simmons
    you should probably just call them, they haven't answered a question here since March 2012 over 2 years ago.

I hear that you will "be more than happy" to point me in the direction of the stocking dealer closest to me but several messages sent to you have gone without response - will this public posting motivate you to answer the question - who are your dealers in Saskatchewan??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoon Reader View Post
    I hear that you will "be more than happy" to point me in the direction of the stocking dealer closest to me but several messages sent to you have gone without response - will this public posting motivate you to answer the question - who are your dealers in Saskatchewan??
    Pretty much every gun shop gets product from NS. I know for sure North Pro could set you up.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    I can not even find their phone number?
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    I can not even find their phone number?
    1 (416) 242-4867
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Greater Metropolitan Kemptville, People's Republic of Ontario, Occupied Canada and Cottonwood, ##
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    Removal of the mag disconnect by North Sylva or any other company or person other than S&W would make the gun illegal for IDPA competition. Guns manufactured and sold by S&W that don't have the mag disconnect have a warning on the slide indicating the gun can fire without a magazine in the gun. The mag disconnect is considered a safety device by S&W and thus may not be removed by rule.

Take Care

Bob Bonenfant

IDPA Area Coordinator-Canada
    FWIW Just read the 2014 rule book for IDPA . Rule 8.1.6.2 says that "magazine disconnects may be disabled or removed" and still be legal for IDPA. I can only assume that this rule change took place in the 2 years or so after the original post.
    Stripped of pretensions, a crime is anything that a group in power chooses to prohibit - Freda Adler (abbreviated)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
    NFA, CSSA, NRA Life, ICORE, IDPA, AZ CCW, AZCDL. You can never get enough training...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    FWIW Just read the 2014 rule book for IDPA . Rule 8.1.6.2 says that "magazine disconnects may be disabled or removed" and still be legal for IDPA. I can only assume that this rule change took place in the 2 years or so after the original post.
    The above quote was written 2011, that is three years ago and was the case until sometime in 2012 when removal of the mag disconnect was deemed to be ok by HQ. To remove any confusion I will delete the post you quote as it speaks to the former rules.

Take care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Hello

I'm looking at a Henry Original 1860 rifle in 44-40. I've contacted Anthony Imperato at Henry Repeating Arms who informs me that there should be no more than a 4 month wait for my rifle after placing an order.
    Before speaking to him the local gun shops I contacted in the Southern Ontario area,who are apparently Henry distributors who told me there would be a wait of at least a year to 18 months(I'm not prepared to wait that long). Could you confirm the availability (4 months that Anthony of Henry gave me) please ?

Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by BarneySS; 11-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.

If I want to fix my Steyr M9-A1 myself how do I get parts if your the only importer? Who in Calgary AB do you deal with that I can talk to?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Thanks for all your efforts!