Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I am sorry if you do not like our pricing, but we are not gouging our customers in any way.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

If u dont like the price, dont buy it. What are u going to ##### about when the surplus supply dries up? This may happen quicker than you think if the powers to be get their way, and halt the import/sale of any ammo not headstamped with caliber such as commercial is...
    dB
    'The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmlefty View Post
    I dont think you quite understand the circus show that will emerge with the 7.62x39 surplus ammo... it is the last frontier of the surplus world and when a demand is created by flooding the market with cheap guns, the retailers think they can get fat and rich by jacking prices on the cheap ammo.

I dont think its gonna work cause the rifles accuracy lacks in every way, so lets keep it fun, and fun to shoot. That means cheap ammo.... just my humble opinion.

What about when the US/NATO changes calibers and drops the 5.56. Where are those billions of rounds going? Making Toyota Priuses?
    sic semper tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmlefty View Post
    I dont think you quite understand the circus show that will emerge with the 7.62x39 surplus ammo... it is the last frontier of the surplus world and when a demand is created by flooding the market with cheap guns, the retailers think they can get fat and rich by jacking prices on the cheap ammo.

I dont think its gonna work cause the rifles accuracy lacks in every way, so lets keep it fun, and fun to shoot. That means cheap ammo.... just my humble opinion.
    Sorry to post in your section JR but I would like to make a point....dealers are the end business in the ammo transaction and yes we have some imput on the final price but we are only reacting tho what importers/distributors are setting their wholesale prices at. Surplus ammo is just that, when there is lots and small demand the price is low. When the supply starts to run down or related events like currency exchange and shipping costs impact what the importes have to pay. It is not a simple descision like having fixed costs from year to year and then deciding what to mark up the product at. Three years from now these prices may seem like an incredible bargain , time will tell. Phil.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    I bought that same case last June from TSE for $199.00 So I don't think they raised the price just to gouge customers.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    When the supply starts to run down or related events like currency exchange and shipping costs impact what the importes have to pay.
    So, like Our Dollar being at a 3 year HIGH...........still.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dinsdale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    So, like Our Dollar being at a 3 year HIGH...........
    Against the US dollar. Doesn't do much for us when buying from former Eastern Bloc countries.
    Director and IPSC Rep for Smiths Falls Fish and Game Club - www.sffgc.org
    IPSC Ontario - http://www.ipsc-ont.org/index.htm

BANNED
    The Euro has bottomed out to.
    Our dollar is hot.

Our dollar is strong...does not matter what country it is.
    Take our dollar and switch it to american..you get more...then give it to the eastern block countries

CZK / CDN beginning of 2009 it was approx. 60 cents CDN for one CZK
    June of 2010 it was 49 cents CDN....back up to 54 cents CDN currently.
    So if you bought something in the CZ Republic in the summer of 2010, it would have been 20% less.

BANNED
    People will always complain about something.All I know is that even at 230 a case it is still a good deal for me.It is far cheaper than any of my other rifles(not counting .22)
    I have noticed the price of this ammo has gone up everywhere not just at The Edge.That is because the price of getting the ammo for us has increased. So maybe we should be great full that retailers spend hours and hours trying to source and acquire the ammo we need. Instead of complaining that we can't get it for free.

"Without ammo...it's just a stick"

Not $230.00, $249.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast