Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Appeal - Back in stock.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoulation View Post
    Yes sir, I fed ammunition into two of the three magazines I purchased. Both had the same problem with the magazine pin falling out when slightly depressing after loading the tenth cartridge. I did not think it was a faulty magazine as all three are comparable in build and function, from what I can tell. I will try shooting off a few more mags with these pins securely in place when I have some spare time. If this doesn't solve the problem then I will contact your company directly. It just seems odd that such a trivial component is so unintentionally released and potentially affects the entire operating mechanism. I posted hoping to get some feedback from others with more time and experience with their own rifles.
    Ok, thanks - please keep us updated. We don't want you having something that doesn't work.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Panzer1, do they use a different mounting rail system in Italy of which you are aware? It seems silly Tanfoglio wouldn't export Weaver/Picatinny versions to North America. I've heard their rail isn't compatible with some scopes/sights. I would hate to file down plastic on a brand new rifle.
    It's look like a picatinny rail but it's not the case. I don't think they are using a different rail system, I think they don't respect exactly the Weaver/Picatinny specs.
    To put my red dot on my new rifle, I file down just a little bit one in between space and done. I agree, it's a brand new rifle but you'll see. Bring your rifle to the store where you want to purchase your red dot and try to fit it. The good thing, this rifle can "eat" Remington subsonic ammunition" so it's very cheaper.

UPDATE:

I just got back from firing a few mags worth of ammo through my rifle and it operated flawlessly. I fed ten rounds into each magazine which is the maximum rated capacity and paid attention not to depress the spring any farther down. This ensured the magazine pin remained securely in position and did not fall out this time. I'm still not thrilled about the small pin on the magazine playing such a major role in the release of the magazine, feeding/firing ammo, and operation of the charging handle/bolt as losing/breaking this peice will have a bad effect on the overall operation of the rifle. Other than that, my only other complaint at this point would be how bulky the 'faux-iron' sights are as it covers up smaller targets. I am looking into purchasing a red dot sight so this shouldn't be an issue in the near future.

I would still recommend this rifle to others as it's compact for transport and seems fun to shoot. It's unique and as far as I know it's currently the only bullpup in production chambered in .22lr as the Walther version is discontinued (and restricted in Canada).

Is there any way to purchase the magazine pins separately without dishing out $30 for the entire magazine?

Is there any way to purchase the magazine pins separately without dishing out $30 for the entire magazine?
    We wouldn't have any on hand, but can check with the manufacturer and see if we can purchase some for resale. Give me a week or so and I'll know.

Thanks, I'm interested in what you can turn up. I also have a concern with the muzzle brake/compensator supplied from factory which I decided to remove the other day. I had to disassemble the rifle when I heard a loose part rattling in the forearm of the rifle. I was surprised to find the nut used to secure the bolted on compensator alarmingly close to the trigger. I was expecting this nut to be built into the forearm or at the very least secured in place from within. I've overlooked some other manufacturing quirks I've come across, but for the nearly $700 I paid for a mere .22lr, an internally dislodged nut really makes me question it's overall design. I had to dry fit the rifle body together and blindly turn the bolt until the loose nut on the inside grabbed hold while securing the compensator back in place. After reassembly, I put it back in the case and haven't been bothered or interested to pick it up since.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

The nut was loose in mine too. Minor issue that could be fixed with 5 min epoxy, but it should be secured from factory

I just received mine today and removed that funky muzzle brake...the hex nut on the inside of the body went "rattling" away. Not a big deal as I expected it to go mobile after reading a few posts. My goal so to remove the barrel, and have it threaded for a basic birdcage as a few other users have had done. Or just finish it with a knurled thread protector cap... Haven't decided yet.

I very much like the size and weight of the rifle, and am looking forward to getting it out into the field to put some lead hornets downrange.

Also like to mention the excellent service from Sean and Devon... Thanks much fellas!

Any idea on when the next shipment of Appeal's is supposed to come in? I already have one in .22lr but I want to pick one up in .22wmr.

Probably not until fall for new.
    I have a couple 22WMRs that got returned that need to be refurbished. they should go up on the website under specials in a couple weeks, though.

Did you sell all of the .22wmr versions you had to refurbish?