Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ATRS "Eliminator" flash hider now with video comparison

Just an observation, no slag intended...!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yardie View Post
    Just an observation, no slag intended...!

I know, no worries
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Are those comparison videos coming? I'm debating between this and several other flash hiders. Thanks.
    1911 mag, Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake...Primary weapon mag.
    - Chris Costa, Magpul Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    Are those comparison videos coming? I'm debating between this and several other flash hiders. Thanks.
    We did some videos with the help of Calgary Shooting Center 2 weekends ago. Hands down the Eliminator won for least amount of flash. The camera and set up was less than perfect so with some help from a couple of regulars who have better camera kit than I do, hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have professional grade video of the assorted flash hiders performances in place.
    Low level backlighting of the rifle was suggested so as to eliminate any question of what is going on, what the rifle is etc.
    I promised to produce unbiased and factual video to back up our claims and that is what will be produced.

IF you want an unbiased opinion from an unrelated party who was present during the initial testing contact John at Calgary Shooting Center.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Looks really good, slick.
    God doesn't believe in Atheists

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We did some videos with the help of Calgary Shooting Center 2 weekends ago. Hands down the Eliminator won for least amount of flash.
    My (and my friends through me) experience with a Spex has been nothing short of fantastic, seriously 'tamed' my 300 Whisper!

The fact that your Eliminator toasted the Spex in comparison...my hat is truly off to you Rick. If I was a betting man, I would have expected very similar results!

*good thing I don't bet!* :D

BZ

IF you want an unbiased opinion from an unrelated party who was present during the initial testing contact John at Calgary Shooting Center.
    Wilco!
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by yardie View Post
    My (and my friends through me) experience with a Spex has been nothing short of fantastic, seriously 'tamed' my 300 Whisper!

The fact that your Eliminator toasted the Spex in comparison...my hat is truly off to you Rick. If I was a betting man, I would have expected very similar results!

*good thing I don't bet!* :D

BZ

Wilco!
    Frankly when we 1st were doing the R&D and then testing the SPEX brake
    we were also surprised at how well it worked. Better than any of the competitors flash hiders we had to compare them to. Like anything though with more time and looking at what else could be tried, things evolve, usually with improved results.

The flash hiders as well as our AT15s which are now into 3rd generation have evolved as we have grown and now incorporate features that have improved their operation as well as functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Frankly when we 1st were doing the R&D and then testing the SPEX brake
    we were also surprised at how well it worked. Better than any of the competitors flash hiders we had to compare them to. Like anything though with more time and looking at what else could be tried, things evolve, usually with improved results.

The flash hiders as well as our AT15s which are now into 3rd generation have evolved as we have grown and now incorporate features that have improved their operation as well as functionality.
    Gotcha and understood.

Seeing it in action against the Spex and others will definitely convince the doubters and naysayers!

Cheers Rick!
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Gentlemen:

If I may add my observations........

At the beginning of August 2011 I took a patrol carbine/pistol course with Bank Miller through Shadowforce. Once of the components of the instruction was an introduction to Low light/night shooting and weapons light management. I mentioned this to Rick in passing, and that I would be using my 14.5" M4 Carry handle style carbine that I built for this portion of the course. He suggested I give the Eliminator, and loaned me one to try.

I did just that, and was duly impressed. By the time we got to the carbine portion of the course (we started with hand held flashlights and pistols) it was pretty well dark. While engaging targets at different distances, all I saw through my H-1 were sparks (granules of un-burnt powder). Classmates standing both to the left and right of me, reported that was NO flash at all, and that they felt no muzzle blast from my carbine.

As such I am sold on the abilities of the ATRS “Eliminator”, and will likely add this unit to my kit.

You know what they say, seeing is believing

Regards and all the best

AbH

its better than a smith enterprise vortex? some demonstrations would be nice