Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got high capacity S&W or Chiappa magazines? Please read!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Why S&W decided to make a "pistol" version of the gun is anyones guess. Just dumb IMHO. The RCMP could have banned it's entry for some reason and left the mag capacity as it was.

Making this rifle restricted based upon looks was perhaps dumber than S&W move but then nobody recently, said the RCMP management team has a high degree of competancy either.

Good on North Silva for offering this service.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    you know, maybe im outa the loop, but i thought there was no mag capacity problems with rimfire firearms? does this only aply because this is a restricted firearm or ...?
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    No; All "handguns" must be limited to 10 round magazines, regardless of caliber.
    Although these are indeed rimfire rifles, the same magazines are also made for a handgun variant. (Thus making them suddenly illegal)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    No, it is because there is an M&P15-22 pistol, so the mags that work in both are now reduced to 10 rounds because they are also a pistol magazine.

Now, just to confuse matters, S&W has stopped production of the M&P 15-22 pistol, so now it appears that stores are selling the 25rnd mags again.

I have no idea, I sold my rifle over all this crap, but if we're back on 25rds I'll buy another, no problem. Great guns!
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Won't matter, once a prohibited device always as such. As long as one S&W M&P22 exists, the mag with that part number will be prohib. Release exactly the same mag with a different part number now that there is no pistol and "Bob is your uncle".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What about using a M&P rifle with an aftermarket 25 round magazine that fits? Would that be okay?

Funny they still sell the unpinned ones at the local gun stores and the new guns still have the unpinned one in the box...I have asked owners of the stores I have seen them in about them being prohibited and they tell me that they have received no such notification from the CFO and still sell them...

Just like thousands of owners who have them and have not been notified, nice to see the 3billion waste of space working great...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    What about using a M&P rifle with an aftermarket 25 round magazine that fits? Would that be okay?
    yes. there is a drum mag too I think.

There a lot of recent posts on this issue. Does anyone from North Sylva have anything new to report? Did the M&P AR pistol even make it into Canada before it was discontinued?
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MegaMonkeyChunk's Avatar
    Doesnt bother me because both are restricted. If this happens to 10/22 magazines though, I will be pissed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast