Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got high capacity S&W or Chiappa magazines? Please read!

yes by the RCMP logic shouldn't the ruger 10/22 chargers ability to use 25 round butler creek mags (for example) that were made for the regular 10/22 thus make those magazine now prohibited or need to be pinned to 10 rounds?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MegaMonkeyChunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    yes by the RCMP logic shouldn't the ruger 10/22 chargers ability to use 25 round butler creek mags (for example) that were made for the regular 10/22 thus make those magazine now prohibited or need to be pinned to 10 rounds?
    Exactly. Im surprised it hasnt happened yet. Ruger also just started selling factory 25rnd mags as well but they are optional. Maybe because the M&P15-22 rifle came out of the box with a 25 rounder, they chose to take action.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMonkeyChunk View Post
    Doesnt bother me because both are restricted. If this happens to 10/22 magazines though, I will be pissed.
    That sentiment, unfortunately, is partly to blame for where we as gun owners find ourselves today. When the crapstorm that was C-68 broke, some were all too anxious and even willing to throw others to the crocodile if they thought they would be left alone. Too late, people realized that was to no avail, that the crocodile wanted everybody, and that we should all either hang together, or we will hang separately.

The bottom line is that if you are into any firearms related activity, things like this should bother you because of the creeping nature of gun control. They take an inch today, tomorrow, the next day, and before you know it, you've been pushed into a corner; regardless of your firearms preferences or your chosen firearms activity.

As for the Ruger mags, somebody else in another thread said it best: don't give them any ideas.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Chuckbuster is right. This notion of "so long as I'm NOT personally affected--I don't care" attitude will be our undoing.

Take note: ANY attack on ANY legal firearms-owner or firearm is an attack on ALL of us. The Antis don't discriminate--they hate all of us. Do you think you're so EXCEPTIONAL?
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

Sent my mags in and had them back in less than 2 weeks. Great service.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOJOPINTO View Post
    Funny they still sell the unpinned ones at the local gun stores and the new guns still have the unpinned one in the box...I have asked owners of the stores I have seen them in about them being prohibited and they tell me that they have received no such notification from the CFO and still sell them...

Just like thousands of owners who have them and have not been notified, nice to see the 3billion waste of space working great...
    Then they should check the special bulletins for businesses once in a while. Bulletin No. 72 covers the exact magazines in question.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMonkeyChunk View Post
    Exactly. Im surprised it hasnt happened yet. Ruger also just started selling factory 25rnd mags as well but they are optional. Maybe because the M&P15-22 rifle came out of the box with a 25 rounder, they chose to take action.
    I recently found out that the Ruger factory 25 round mag is advertised by Ruger as being for the Charger 10/22 pistol as well as the 10/22 rifle, therefore it cannot be imported into Canada as it is considered a prohibited device.
    CSSA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123