Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Factory M14 shorty?

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Marstar has probably learned not to make any premature announcement since everyone gives them s**t if the expected delivery date isn't correct.
    Kind of like how canadaammo also didn't announce arrival of the rifles till they were on our shores.
    We have a "winner". You are absolutely right lonewolf....the grief John gets every time something beyond his control happens to delay an "arrival date"it's amazing and often suprising that he hasn't gotten out of the import business.WE have a man doing his best and all we ever do is beat him up. I for one and I am sure there are many others applaud what he has done for the firearms community.

Expired Business
    FINBAR 589;
    " If Marstar has reservations about supplying these for our domestic market, I'm sure all of us would be appreciative of learning what they are. I believe Marstar is a top-rate outfit that tries to cater to shooters such as myself;"

I have no idea why or how Marstar got involved in this discussion, without discussing what are plans are I can say Marstar is involved in several other projects at this time, both here and offshore.... Projects which place the M-305 well off the top of our list.

"I just wish they could give us a definitive reply when a thread like this sparks desire in so many, and then smolders for months & months. "
    Not certain I know what you want us to say ?? Marstar learned a long time ago not to discuss goods that are planned, on the way, almost here, held by Customs, etc, etc.... We announce them and advertise them when they ARE HERE.... otherwise we catch hell from all sides....

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I have no idea why or how Marstar got involved in this discussion...Marstar is involved in several other projects at this time, both here and offshore.... Projects which place the M-305 well off the top of our list.

Marstar learned a long time ago not to discuss goods that are planned, on the way, almost here, held by Customs, etc, etc.... We announce them and advertise them when they ARE HERE.... otherwise we catch hell from all sides....

John
    John, if i may,

i dont feel any joy in your posts dude, you always seem to be on the defensive.and very negative in your replies...

i understand that posts about how bad some have it with you might have produce those results , but in that attitude , you are missing out on all of those who are voicing to be on your side...and buying from you

as for the posts about the m-305 on your forum:
    You have gone to good lenghts to advertize about the m305'S on your website, to a point where you have a webpage about it & how marstar had pioneered the sale of norinco m14's, well, its true...you even have products exclusive to marstar.

So people looking at your company for m-14 products should be of no surprise. especially when you make statements like: No problem I would have to order at least 1,000 units for them to make them up....

i think that you really got the ball rolling with that one. if you were sarcastic, you certainly have fooled more than one person, myself included.

i salute all those who posted to show interest, I would assume that if your customers voiced over what they would want, as a dealer, it would be an opportunity, not an annoyance ...

i for one learned something new today,

... not telling enough is not too far away from telling too much.
    Last edited by king cobra; 10-09-2011 at 10:58 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Sounds like CanAm is the Man when it comes to the shorties.

Expired Business
    KING COBRA;
    "you always seem to be on the defensive.and very negative in your replies..."
    I'm sorry you take it that way, over the years we have learned, often the hard way, that we must be very selective in what we say less we attract the attacks of some people here on CGN.

"you are missing out on all of those who are voicing to be on your side...and buying from you "
    We do our best to reply in an accurate and timely manner, how is that causing us to miss out ??

"if you were sarcastic, you certainly have fooled more than one person, myself included."
    I must admist that sometimes I get a little sarcastic, if I have offended you, I apologzie....

"... not telling enough is not too far away from telling too much."
    What more can I say, I have tried telling what I know, telling the truth, obviously that is wrong, did I misunderstand something here ?

John

Telling the truth is never wrong.... though I suspect sarcasm.
    I can be a sarcastic sob at times myself but I don't think I'd use it in my business dealings with clients and potential clients but that's me.
    The thing with the snarky responses is they take just as long to type out on the computer as a nice simple to the point response! Responding with sarcastic and cryptic posts in these Marstar dealer threads, or any thread on CGN, is a waste of everyone's time in my opinion.....

In the case of this long thread, a simple Marstar has no plans at this time to bring in 18.5" M305's, would suffice.... if you want to add in other explanations as to why not, that's a bonus but not really necessary.

I seem to remember way back when this thread started that the issue was that China needed a big order to make it happen?

I wonder how many CanAm ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    KING COBRA;
    "you always seem to be on the defensive.and very negative in your replies..."
    I'm sorry you take it that way, over the years we have learned, often the hard way, that we must be very selective in what we say less we attract the attacks of some people here on CGN.

"you are missing out on all of those who are voicing to be on your side...and buying from you "
    We do our best to reply in an accurate and timely manner, how is that causing us to miss out ??

"if you were sarcastic, you certainly have fooled more than one person, myself included."
    I must admist that sometimes I get a little sarcastic, if I have offended you, I apologzie....

"... not telling enough is not too far away from telling too much."
    What more can I say, I have tried telling what I know, telling the truth, obviously that is wrong, did I misunderstand something here ?

John

Thank you for responding John, i meant no disrespect, on the contrary. people look up to marstar as a solid business , but like i said in my previous post, you mentionned in a very early reply to the op that you would need a certain amount of guns to make it happen. People seem to have thought that it was an opportunity to show how many interested people there was to justify a purchase of 1000 units

No hard feelings i hope.
    Last edited by king cobra; 10-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Well, I think that clears this up for me, and I appreciate John making a declaration that at this time he has no plans on importing any 18.5" M305s from the Evil Empire.

I apologize for taking his earlier quip that he'd have to order a thousand to make an order worthwhile seriously, but I was naive enough then to believe he wasn't just pulling our legs. So no harm done, as I have one on order from CanAm.

Good bye to this thread. Perhaps we could ask the site administrator to retitle it Great Expectations?

Great expectations of just waste of time....:D

depending on the price i would probably spring for one