Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks North Sylva

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scruffee's Avatar

Thanks North Sylva

I'm not gonna b*tch about waiting for a whole year for my pistol because I think thats Para Ords fault however when North Sylva called me to let me know my gun was in their hands, they were right on the ball and I had the gun in hand within a week! I'm very pleased with it and the service!

Thanks
    "Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will" - T-Dog Roosevelt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    What dealer did you buy the gun from, or was it a warranty repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    What dealer did you buy the gun from, or was it a warranty repair?

Para Ordnance makes a limited run of pistols for members of the Canadian Forces and the CBSA border guards. They offer these about once a year. You may have seen these pistols in a few threads now as the long awaited orders are now starting to arrive.

As Para Ordnance cannot ship to members of the Forces or the CBSA directly, they rely on us, their Canadian distributor to import, register, and transfer these fine pistols to their eagerly awaiting owners.

This is a service that we enjoy doing to give a little back to the people that keep us safe and defend our freedom.

If anyone is looking for one of these pistols for themselves, they'll just have to enlist.

Thanks,

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    If anyone is looking for one of these pistols for themselves, they'll just have to enlist.
    Or wait for a satisfied PARA customer like Myself to get it back from RMA and liquidate it on EE since its the worst peice of kit ever!!!!

This is no fault of North Sylva Co. just Para Q.C !!!!

Is para doing a 2011 run? I was on their professionals forum which you need you DND email to sign up for. It seems like no one is monitoring it any more.

Iggggggg
    Last edited by mmmmmsteak; 10-23-2020 at 11:43 PM.

I am still waiting for mine. Expect mine this week some time. Glad it worked out for most off you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Got mine yesterday. There is some finish missing on the thumb safety and under the slide stop. A couple rough burrs on the metal here and there but I was aware of Para's less than stellar Q.C. before I ordered. I bought it as a memento, not a shooter.

I hope one day I will be also thanking North Sylva for their great help in getting my PARA ORDNANCE 1911 16-40 LTD (40 S&W)in working state. I bought it 3 months ago and fired 7 rounds trough it so far. Everytime I fire, the Ambi safety kicks in and by the way beats the hell out of it. Mr Wedge from P.O. admitted that some pistols left their factory with the wrong Grips on it. The grip are too high causing the Ambi safety to push up against the slide. So now I have been waiting for 3 months and NO parts have been sent to North Sylva. I'm wondering how did this pistol go through the PARA ORDNANCE Quality Assurance Team. It is impossible to fire that $$1500.00 piece of metal. I know Jeff Chow from North Sylva is doing his best to get these parts to me.
    Anyway I will post the outcome of this story, good or bad.
    Cheers!
    Soldier52000
    Last edited by soldat52000; 12-22-2011 at 03:57 PM.

My gun has been at North Sylva for 3 weeks now and it's getting harder to get replies since they got my gun. I was finally told by Jeff Chow that from the paperworks he looks at, it's supposed to have been repaired. So I wonder how long it will take before I get it back. It took 2 days from my place to theirs. But it seems that the way back is much longer. He didn't talk about what they did to it. I have a feeling my problems are not over. This is the worst experience I have had so far in buying pistols.
    Soldier52000
    Last edited by soldat52000; 12-21-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast