Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umarex .22 MP5 - any chance?

BANNED

Umarex .22 MP5 - any chance?

So ever since the GSG-5 situation, i've been craving a .22LR MP5.

I came across the Umarex .22 MP5 licensed by H&K. I hear from a fellow CGNer that the mechanism is even further in resemblance to the real MP5 as the GSG was.

I know this is a long stretch, and that the GSG incident probably left a bitter taste in people's mouths...

But is there any chance these could be brought in?

Maybe Umarex stands a better chance than GSG, as they already have an airgun MP5 available in canada...i don't know...this may sound dumb...

[YOUTUBE]rqiWaXr3o7E[/YOUTUBE]

Looks very kool, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Variant of the "dreaded" MP-5, so prohib.
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    You can look at them on HK22Rimfire but I can 99.99% guarantee they'll be a variant (I left the .01% in just in case the FRT guys "got some" and lets it through...but don't hold your breath).
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Look at me! hey, hey, hey...
    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8b9EckGPx0>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I wish
    very neat indeed, but slim chance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chopper 1's Avatar

Not Yet -

The ass hat lieberal appointed civvie in charge of the donkey walloper firearms section will do DICK on any FRT classifications for new firearms until it convinces the tory gov't that ALL semi's be re-classified as prohibited or restricted due to the impending death of the registry.

It needs to die because it is a civil servant appointed for life. Retirement lasts through many 4 year governments.

We still have Turdo appointed lieberal civil servants in office who haven't croaked yet -

BANNED
    What if they were able to make a ump .22 or some sort of licensed copy / variant... that would be awesome as well, and possible to own theoretically

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    I think.... instead of trying to get a 22 that LOOKS like the real thing but ISN'T the real thing just so we can have them here is not the point. I think GETTING RID OF the reasons why we can't HAVE THE REAL THING should be the one and only goal, not trying to find ways around it with inferior look alikes. It is time for all the nonsense of the past Liberal (Cretien) and Conservative (Cambell) governments to GO AWAY AND DIE.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    I think.... instead of trying to get a 22 that LOOKS like the real thing but ISN'T the real thing just so we can have them here is not the point. I think GETTING RID OF the reasons why we can't HAVE THE REAL THING should be the one and only goal, not trying to find ways around it with inferior look alikes. It is time for all the nonsense of the past Liberal (Cretien) and Conservative (Cambell) governments to GO AWAY AND DIE.
    preaching to the converted here buddy.

I did not make a thread in the North Sylva section to start debating what we need to do to scrap current restrictive laws.

I made this thread to try and hear from a canadian distributor what the odds are of getting what we technically could get within the limits of the present legislation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    I hear you on that one. But I think that the efforts of everyone involved including dealers, sellers and distributors would be better utilized in getting some common sense back. I know quite a few people would like the 22 firearm you are talking about (me too), but I think a whole lot more would like the real one AND the 22 firearm (me four) you are talking about, and that makes a whole lot more business sense to a company. More items means more money, see what I did there?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast