Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: safe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    The idea is to legaly store a firearm without a triggerlock in a convenient location. Even if it is made of foil, as long as it is considered a "SAFE" it is good to go.
    EXACTLY. And what a perfect and legal way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    this unit is accepted in the State of California as being "safe storage"
    And if it is good enough for those morons, it is more than good enough for us here (with our government morons). Isn't it wonderful to see their ex Democrat Governor Arnold (don't say he is a Republican, no matter what his "office" said, we ALL KNOW he was a democrat) acted just like good ole' Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    MEMNOCH;
    "The idea is to legaly store a firearm without a triggerlock in a convenient location"

A man who understands, thank you

John
    This sounds like a great idea … one swipe of the finger and presto, you’re in your Biometric Safe. I would like to hear somebody buy this and try it out. If it works as good as the biometric reader on my PC (1 swipe), great! If it sucks as bad as the biometric deadbolt I bought for the front door (1-7 swipes), then not so great.

Also, you will need to put multiple inputs of the same finger PLUS multiple inputs of another finger, preferably from the other hand. Even when I did that, it could take 1-7 swipes to get in. Now that might not sound too bad, but on at least two occasions when I needed to get in, (1) -30 and I was bloody cold trying the damn thing with a frozen finger and (2) nice weather but I REALLY had to pee BAD … both occasions I wish I had my backup key! Yes, I could have taken care of (2) since we have trees on the property … but nosey neighbours too with YouTube AND FaceBook!

You can forget about it completely if you get home and your hands are even a bit dirty from work and all you really want to do is get into your house and have a cold beer!

Damn Biometric Deadbolt … I know I’m a little bitter because it cost me over $200.

P.S. No offense meant about the cool Safe … I really like Marstar, I feel like John and I are ‘PAL’s.

Might be able to help you guys...I own two biometric safes. One is a sequiam biovault 2.0 and the second is a gunvault microvault biometric. These are consistent as hell, dirty, wet ,greased up fingerprints can access these vault with no problem...even slightly swollen fingers straight from a long hot shower will still open them. This is my go to bedside safe and is in my opinion the only legal and safe way to have a firearm quickly available for defense. With this said after 2 years of working flawlessly my biovault is now having electronical defaults. The power supply is unreliable and it eats up batteries like there's no tommorow. So now I use my gunvault and kept my biovault for a secondary role of storage. Their expensive but not as much as being unarmed in a time of need!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    And you can program 15 fingerprints, so if you swipe a finger and it doesn't open, try another one. Biometrics aren't 100% perfect, and having many "authorized" fingers makes it easier to get in.

I actually have the same finger a dozen of so times logged in so that no matter the angulation I'm bound to get one good swipe to register...that way I don't need to switch fingers. It gets my first swipe success close to 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12