Thread: Water Transfer Printing - Introduction

CGN Regular

Water Transfer Printing - Introduction

Water transfer printing (WTP) is used to apply decorative patterns such as camouflage to a wide variety of solid materials. Wood, metals, plastics, composites and ceramics are all excellent materials for the water transfer printing process. WTP is used by commercial firearm manufacturers to apply camouflage and other patterns to their products.

But camouflage is just one type of pattern that can be applied. Other available patterns include all types of wood grains, carbon fibres, metals, stones and illusion patterns in skulls, flames and more are available, making the WTP process the most versatile coating application for decorating complex shapes there is today. Used in some of the harshest environments from military to medical the WTP process is as durable as it is beautiful.

Water transfer printing technology is used in all sorts of industries for all types of products. Developed originally for military application the WTP process is found in the automotive industry to apply wood grains and carbon fibres to automotive interiors, engine parts and wheels. WTP is used in the marine, aviation, medical, sporting, and recreation industries because of its versatility and durability.

Cobra Imaging specializes in applying the water transfer printing process; in fact it is all we do. We work with individuals and organizations alike matching the right application of WTP to meet their needs. From one off custom projects to volume production runs we got you covered in whatever design you need.

To learn more about the process please visit our website. If you have questions or would like to discuss your particular project give us a call or drop us an email to sales@cobraimaging.com.
    Last edited by CobraImaging; 05-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Say I want a pattern that is not listed on your website... What do we do? And especially what additional costs does that involve?
    I had in mind a spalted maple grain pattern

Could have asked the question in an e-mail but I think others can benefit from the answers too...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chemo View Post
    Say I want a pattern that is not listed on your website... What do we do? And especially what additional costs does that involve?
    I had in mind a spalted maple grain pattern

Could have asked the question in an e-mail but I think others can benefit from the answers too...
    Thank you for the great question Chemo, if you have an example of the pattern that you like that is not available on our website, send us a picture or link and we will try and match it. If we can find it we will bring it in for your project. As far as additional cost goes it is really project specific. However, before we do anything we provide you with a quote up front so that you know what the total costs will be and you can decide if you would like to proceed or not.

CGN frequent flyer Pistolwhiptricks's Avatar
    I saw this on an episode of American Chopper. Very cool process!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Could you do an image of polished gold? If so, will it shine as if it were actually gold?

Thanks!
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

tagged for interest

if you have any more pics with WTP done on guns (other than white one on your site) please share with us what you are capable of doing!

Cheers

I just happened into this section and recognized the Cobra Imaging name.

For what it's worth I'd like to put my kudos out to Trevor for the work he did for a bunch of the guys on my work site.

We had him do a pile of hard hats over the holidays. The work was great, everybody loves the hats. The quote was bang on and the time frame was perfect.

Thanks,
    Kevin Wall.