Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Firearms Safety Courses question

CGN Regular
    I heard about a calendar.
    Might want to check that out.

I took my coarse at Hical in Mission BC.. Dave is quite a good instructor if a guy with dyslexia can do the coarse and laugh his bag off in the process then it was worth the money.. the safety coarse is just common sense..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin

high post count doesn't make you right just means you have to much time on your hands

BANNED
    Original post is three years old.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Original post is three years old.
    yes I saw but still thought it was worth adding to.? I don't just read the current feed I check out everything in the forum and comment when/where I see fit
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin

high post count doesn't make you right just means you have to much time on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by lonewonderer View Post
    I heard about an app called Gun Test Canada on Android, might want to check that out since it has questions for both the restricted and non-restricted portion of the test.
    Thank you for sharing that. This can help anyone who wants to pass the written exam. There's another app called Canada Firearms Test. I've purchased both and gave them a try. Not bad at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Take the RPAL class! You'll learn lots of valuable info being new to the hobby. Don't worry about the test, just pay attention and research some of the firearm terms beforehand and you'll do fine.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

I'll attend both CFSC/CRFSC in about 2 weeks. Thank you for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Silveragent View Post
    I recommend the course. You don't want to fumble in the practical test because you only had the one time with an air rifle. In the two day course you handle all of the different actions. Unless you found a friend with all the guns who would teach you the hands on portion I don't see how you can transfer what you see on an online video to practical.

See the course as part entertainment and meeting other people too. It's fun.
    Agree with this...definitely take the course if nothing else for some practical hands on. I too had never handled a firearm prior to taking the courses, and as mentioned you don't want to fumble your way through a test. Good luck and be safe!
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

I challenged the Pal and then I took the RPAL 3 day course. In NB they were the same price challenge or take the course (I think $75 or $80). After doing it each way, The course was absolutely the way to go. Not only were my instructors top notch (shout out to Bob Kierstead, I am almost sure there is not a more decorated instructor in Canada) but the course was very fun! Everyone got along, and I would actually say I`d pay just to listen to them talk again! Also handling all the different restricteds that in most places I would never get to handle again!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Three day course? ↑↑↑
    I just upgraded to my RPAL on Saturday, the course was 7 hrs.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast