Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Firearms Safety Courses question

Canadian Firearms Safety Courses question

Hello all,
    I am new to the forum and to firearms in general.
    I live in BC and I looked up places to take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, but I could only find one place here in BC that does it and that is Silvercore Advanced Training Systems ( http://www.silvercore.ca/index.php?option=com_dtregister&Itemid=71 ). Only thing that makes me wonder is that they charge almost $200 bucks for a one day course, while other places in other provinces only charge $60-$70. So is that the only option I have or are there other ways.
    BTW I can not challenge the test because I have only little knowledge (very little actually) so I will most likely fail.
    I am 17 right now turning 18 this summer, so I wanted to take the safety course now and send a PAL (maybe even RPAL) application in once I turn 18.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dan

Expried Business Member
    Hi Dan

We don't offer 1 day courses for the CFSC/CRFSC. The cost is $195 for a 2 day or 3 evening course.

If you have questions or require guidance, don't hesitate to contact us regardless of where you take your course.

Take care.

gunexams.com is a great site to give you a idea of what the test will be like. Besides the firearms manual this site really helped me. I bought 1000 questions for $20-$30 i think it was. ran around 8-9 mock tests over a week before I took the course. I ended up with a 100% practical and 100%written. Let my buddies who wrote the test also use the questions. They passed as well. The instructors at the course had alot to do with it to. I was originally going to just challenge the course and a instructor talked me into taking the course. Was well worth it. Was only a 8-10hr course for $110 here in ontario. Only break i guess us ontarians get when it comes to the Pal. LOL 8 week wait after that to receive paperwork for app in ontario. You will not have to go through so much of a wait. good luck on your pal.

Silvercore is the way to go.

Expried Business Member
    There is also the free study site http://firearms-safety-course.com/

would it be possible to challenge the exam just by studying online?

The actual exam has to be done in person with a certified examiner. It cannot be done online.
    EOSC.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NShunter1254's Avatar
    100.00 in nova scotia, fifty for each 1 day course,95% percent of the questions and practical are common sense bordering on silliness.I don't know of anyone who has made less than 98 percent,The test is not designed to fail!!

Quote Originally Posted by NShunter1254 View Post
    100.00 in nova scotia, fifty for each 1 day course,95% percent of the questions and practical are common sense bordering on silliness.I don't know of anyone who has made less than 98 percent,The test is not designed to fail!!
    Tell that the the 3 guys on my course that failed - even with 2 trys

To be honest, English was not their first language and I think that was the big issue.

It's really not that hard, I am a bit of a dumb-ass and I still got 98% & 100%
    Member: SASS (Royal City Rangers), CCFR, CSSA , NFA, CFI

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by danthegoodman View Post
    would it be possible to challenge the exam just by studying online?
    Yes, you can STUDY online, but the challenge has to be
    done in person.

Theoretically you could get a 100% passing grade
    after studying online, but the actual courses are very
    useful I (and others) have found.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast